Any specific Rec's within Tong's team?

Old Mar 4th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any specific Rec's within Tong's team?

I finally heard back from Tong. She is unavailable, but can put us with someone in her her "team" for our tours.

Is there anyone you have had from her team that you can recommend? I main name I have seen is Nui. Would love your experiences and opinions.

Thanks!
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM

Here is an enthusiastic shout out of appreciation for Tong's associate, Jerry (or perhaps Gerry). He is a young man who drives his own car while guiding. He is very personable, very intuitive about those in his care. We loved talking with him and found the entire day to be most satisfying.

Does your moniker -- travelmom -- suggest that you will have children with you? If so, you will be interested to hear that Jerry was wonderful with my 18 year old son.

Highly recommended.
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM

both jerry and nui make good grades...
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM

we spent a day with nui at the floating market and fishing village and had a great time in december. no hesitations in recommending her
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 10:18 PM

Hi, We went with Kung to the Railway Market, Floating Market, and the Secret Fishing Village a few weeks ago. She was GREAT, we were very pleased. We are in our mid 30's and really enjoyed talking one on one with a Thai about everything. This is an opportunity that I'm really glad we had, as it was hard to get beyond surface discussions with Thai that we didn't know very well, which is understandable. Kung was very candid and honest about life (and her life) in Bangkok and she gave us a glimpse into the culture and society that wouldn't have been available to us otherwise. She was very real, the whole day was amazing but I would not go back to the Floating Market - too touristy. The Secret Village blew us away, we went home feeling like we got to experience something very special. Nalis (sp?) and his family really made an impression on us.

Happy travels, Christine
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 05:20 AM

We had Nui show us through the Grand Palace Wat Pho along with many other places throughout the city. Also did a canal tour through her. She is very nice and knowledgeable. She made sure we saw the things we wanted to as well as suggesting some places I might not have thought of. Her English is good and she has a great sense of humor. We elected to take public transportation with her rather than have her rent a car and really appreciated that since we had faced some challenges the day before when on our own. We wanted to use the river taxis anyway and being with her made it so easy.