Which beach in Cozumel?! Help!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been researching beaches in Cozumel extensively and have found that there are several to choose from. It is an overwhelming thought considering how many possibilities there are. This will my mine and my families first time to Cozumel and I want to make our beach trip enjoyable? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 08:14 AM
cdw

The beaches in Cozumel are not very nice in my opinion. The Presidente or El Cantil condos are just about the only places I would suggest. Have you considered just across the way on the Mayan Riviera? It has much nices beaches. If you do decide on Cozumel, you must rent a car and really get out and experience the whole island. The east side is very isolated and is a fun way to spend a day.

Also, if you go, you really need to try a restaurant called El Coqui. It is one of the best restaurants we have experienced in all of our many travels.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 10:19 AM

my husband and a bunch family and i took a cruise a few years ago to cozumel and we sat on the beach a a national park(chakaknob)sorry on spelling. it was $10 a person to get in but it offered unbrellas, chairs, foos, drinks, hairbraiding ect. it had some of the best snorkling. it also offerd swimming with the dolphins off to the side. im not sure where to stay there. but i would def. recomend the beach! enjoy
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
KVR

Most hotel beaches are not that great. Beach Clubs like Chankanaab Park, Mr. Sanchos, San Francisco, and Paradise Island have real nice beaches and activities.

I understand the hotels at the North of Downtown, will have the better beach areas. We stayed at the Club Cozumel Caribe, which unforntuantley is no longer a hotel, but turned in to condos. It has a very nice, but very small beach area, I understand that the El Cozumelo has a really nice beach with some some and some rocks. Great for swimming and snorkeling. That would be our pick when we get to return.

Here's a map with aireal photos. It's is kinda outdated as I think some of the hotel names have changed. The one listed as the Paradusus is next to the Club Cozumel Caribe. Same beach area only bigger.

http://www.cancunmap.com/assist/cozu...l_locator.html

You might try Trip Advisor and read reviews of each hotel's beach condition that you are interested in.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 11:47 AM

I must be spoiled by the likes of T&C, Anguila,Cayman & Aruba becuase I was very disappointed in Cozumel's beaches, water color and clarity. We hit several of the beach clubs and were not impressed. In addition, they pack you in like sardines and are constantly trying to sell you everything from food to beach toysto hair braiding. We were only there for one day on a cruise and I am sure there are nice areas but we didn't find them...
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 03:01 PM
KVR

I have to agree with Kristian regarding the other Island's beaches being beterr. However, with the exception of Grand Cayman, I think Cozumel has the better snorkeling.

Yes, Cozumel is a huge cruise ship port. Stay away from town and the beach clubs when there are ships in port. If your staying on the Island for an extended vacation, there are difinately other places to go and see the real Island to stay away from the crowds.
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice on location - this is a port we are stopping at on our cruise thru the Caribbean. Thanks!
Old Jan 15th, 2009, 01:42 PM
KVR

Indicating you would be on a cruise would have been more helpful in your original post. There is a big difference in visiting for a land vacation vs. as a cruise port.

Try www.cruiswecritic.com and search through the Cozumel forum.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 07:52 AM
cdw

If comming off a cruise, forget the guided tours. Catch a cab and go to a beach on the east side of the island and maybe have lunch at Cocounts. Or pay a day fee to hang out at the Presidente hotel. They have the cleanest/prettiest water and beach. Their food is good and snorkeling is just so-so after the hurricane.