singapore hotel recs, pls

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Looking for Singapore hotel for single woman. Prefer well located if possible-shopping. Looking at Raffles the Plaza as seems to get great reviews [any advisements who to book thru?]. Like boutique hotels with cultural charm. Can anyone be so kind to advise. Thank you again!
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 09:31 AM

if your budget allows it, definitely the Ritz Carlton Singapore. the view of the harbour is the best!
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Raffles the Plaza is a good choice, smaller stlile places like Inn at Temple Street, Berjaya Duxton, Royal Peacock etc, just remember though that smaller boutique places like Royal Peacock you are not going to get a pool or any of the facilities a larger place would have, I doubt Inn at Temple has a pool either.
You will get plenty of other ideas but Raffles Plaza often comes up as a good deal in Singapore, Royal Plaza on Scotts is another good one, close to Orchard Road.
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM

Raffles the Plaza has the best location. Youa re directly above Raffles City shopping center and an MRT station. By all accounts the Ritz is very nice, but the location is not as good.

Check out some of the big booking agents like www.asiahotels.com or www.asiabesthotels.com and see who has the best rates.
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM

You can also try www.nongasia.com/singapore_hotels.html they do not book hotels but give you different choices to find rates, I think they do Hotelclub or Asiaoz for Singapore, also perhaps look at their World Choice rates they have Sawadee but they aren't any good for Singapore though good for Thailand, plus Ratestogo but that is for last minute, but they can be very cheap.
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 01:14 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
I travel to Singapore several times a year, and I like the Royal Plaza on Scotts, especially since their recent renovation. They're located a stone's throw from Orchard Road and very near the Orchard Road MRT station.

Excellent location for shopping and the most gracious hotel service I have ever encountered.

If you're worried about safety since you're a single woman, don't be - Singapore is incredibly safe.
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 12:07 PM

I vote for Raffles the Plaza...stayed there summer 2006. I vacation/drop in on Singapore annually. I'd also vote for the Fullerton directly across from the Asian Civilization Museum and near the water. The MRT(subway)station is very near by both hotels. At Raffles the Plaza, the hotel is attached to both the Raffles City Shopping Center and the MRT station.
The Ritz Carlton...harbor view...rooms are beautiful, but you'll be taxi dependent due the location. Taxis aren't that expensive and I was told, by a taxi driver, that there are over 15,000 of them in a country that's only 254 square miles big. So, it's usually easy to find one...except in pouring rain. Happy Travels!