penalties with sawadee.com?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a reservation through sawadee.com and need to change the dates, though the hotel and the number of nights will be the same. Do you know if I will be penalized?
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:22 PM

I honestly think it will come down to what the hotel says, I have used Sawadee partner sites for many years and have never had any sort of hitch at all.
A few times we made last minute alterations, changed dates, number of rooms, things like that ( same hotel though ), and both times they said they would check with the hotel and both times was fine, 'no problem' at all, but I am pretty sure it depends on the hotel, if the hotel is flexible and they have rooms available for when you want to change I would be surprised if any problem at all, though I can't say because I am pretty certain it is the hotel who decides and that depends on how nice that hotel's reservation department is.
You need to email and ask them if they can 'please' change your dates for you.

Good luck.
Old May 27th, 2007, 05:01 PM

Unlike Airlines, there are usually no penalties for changing dates at hotels. You may run into added charges if your change in dates puts you in a 'high season' rate period but otherwise, most sites and most hotels don't charge for changes.
Old May 27th, 2007, 05:40 PM

If it is 14 days in advance it should be noproblem with sawadee.com based on my experience of 3 trips using that site.
Old May 28th, 2007, 03:25 AM

You might read their booking policy, normally you can amend the booking for free (but must be informed in advance). I have use HotelsGuru.com , they can do free of charge for amending the booking.