Anyone ever stay at Villa Allamanda on Bequia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife any I are planning a trip in 2008 to Bequia - first time. I did a search here for the villa we are planning on staying at, but did not get any hits.
Has anyone stayed at Villa Allamanda or have any comments to share?
This looks like a very nice place located in Mount Pleasant overlooking Lower Bay.
Thanks
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 02:36 PM

Hi,
I am planning to stay at this villa in a few weeks.
I will post a trip report upon my return , i too tried to find out info on this villa, Trip Advisor seems to have more hits on Bequia.
Angie
Old May 10th, 2007, 05:47 AM

I just returned from a wonderful stay at villa Allamanda.
The drive to the top of MT Pleasant has about 5 switchbacks and when you are driving from town you have to take the road wide or you will roll back down the hill..........there are not many cars on the road...do not be discouraged as you will be well rewarded when you reach the villa.
Amazing views over lower bay and pt Elizabeth.Always gentle breezes and when there is a full moon its like "beam me up Scotty"
The villa had plenty of room and I counted 14 chairs outside on the large terrace and pool area.
There is a bar that you can help yourself to and whatever prev guests have left they are there to use, lots of condiments and spices etc.
I have never seen so many utensils, kitchen products, pots and pans in a rental villa.
We stayed one week and have plans to return.
We toured the island and saw were the majority of other villas are, in the Spring area.Allamanda by far has a better location......in my opinion.
If you do decide on this villa there is a local restaurant Sugar Hill, I believe Bert the owner eats there every fri and sat.......that has great fish/lobster cooked simple ( the best way) with rice and veg.We ate there numerous times and even provided plates so we could take it home to eat later.A whole red snapper/veg/sale/rice was $25 ec
$10us.
It was an ideal place to have lobster and order an extra one so we could have it the next day for lunch in pasta or salad.
If you have any questions please feel free to email.
Angie
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 02:07 PM

tell me about Bequia , we are considering a trip there in feb 08. We usually go to St John but want something a bit different this year and I am not sure about the political climate there now but the press had a field day with the June murder.
We enjoy a small hotel or apartment with a great view and love to walk to the beach even though it may be far.What part of the island would you stay in ? Any suggestions would be helpful if any one has been to Bequia. Getting there takes a bit so I want to make sure it is worth the extra effort. We are considering Jost VanDyke also which is so much easier to travel to. Thanks Anniecooper
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM

anniecooper, "delightful" and "charming" are probably the two words I'd use to best describe Bequia. It's got a lot of things going for it, including a real island-wide community of locals and expats, a great emphasis on local businesses instead of international corporations, lots of nice beaches, some beautiful vistas, and great sailing, among other things.

I've only been to Bequia once so far, but it won't be my last trip, that's for sure. However, I wouldn't be so quick to write off St. John, if that's really where you heart lies. I've never visited St. John and I don't really have a strong desire to go, but I don't for one minute believe that it's an unsafe destination.

Jost is a great alternative, though I believe that it is quieter than Bequia, which is quieter than St. John. You might also want to consider Virgin Gorda, which has a LOT going for it and is also pretty easy to get to, either from St. Thomas, San Juan, or Beef Island.
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 07:35 AM

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but if so, I have a question for delph17:

My wife and I will be staying at Alamanda for 10 days starting in late December. Did you use the DVD player? If so, did it read US-format (NCST) or European (PAL)?

Thanks!
Old Dec 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM

English speaking Caribbean (Bequia) uses NCST or international - will read either one.