Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

Got money back from SAS after complaining about personal entertainment not working

Search

Got money back from SAS after complaining about personal entertainment not working

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Some of you might remember that I was complaining about the service by SAS when I went to Asia last year (see thread http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...hText=sas+gard ). When I came back home after this trip I was a bit mad at SAS so I pretty much complained about everything. All the fuzz with upgrading was one thing...but I also complained about the fact that the personal entertainment did not work on the flight to Bangkok. I wrote to them and said that when I pay for a product and pay about 19.000 kroner (about 3000 US $) I expect stuff to work. I wasn't expecting to get much out of this and I thought I would get a reply saying "Well, we can't do much when it comes to that kind of technical issues". But a couple of days ago I got a letter and it said that they were sorry that this had not worked and I got 2000 kroner back (about 315 US $). I have to say that I was very surprised by this. Well done SAS

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 07:21 AM

Don't try that with a U.S. airline. They will put you on their "Do not fly" list.

Congratulations.

Actually, I did hear someone say that they flew United to Europe and they were getting a little money back for that reason.

On my recent flight with Qantas, they had to reboot the system several times.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 09:53 AM

Isn't it nice when somebody listen? Too bad, we're used to the opposite.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 11:19 AM

I remember. Good for you. Smart move on the part of SAS.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 05:20 PM
P_M

wally, that's funny about the do not fly list....but it's sad to think you are probably right.

Good job, gard!!
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 05:26 PM

wally -

There's a recent article about the abuse QF's staff get because of non-functioning IFE.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...788739705.html
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 07:07 PM

Interesting that you got a refund, Gard. As far as I can tell, Air Canada offers either frequent flyer points or dollar credits on future travel. For example, I was delayed five hours out of Hong Kong due to a mechanical issue and was given 4000 frequent flyer points. My wife was delayed about eight hours on a flight to Paris due to a crewing issue and was given a $200 credit for a future flight.

I gather that AC will also hand out FF points for IFE defects, but I don't use those systems.

Anselm
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Original Poster

Hi

I was also surprised that they offered me cash. I was not expecting much and I also thought I would maybe get frequent flyer points. But it turned out to be hard cash and I don't mind that

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 01:24 PM
OT

Hei,

I had a problem on Virgin (Premium Economy class)from the UK to Antigua. My seat recline and footrest was not working properly, the engineer tried to fix it before take off but couldn't. Flight was full, so no chance of an upgrade. Then my tv screen was not working !!

I did not say anything, but close to landing the crew told me they had tried to give me extra airmiles, but it could not be done, and asked me to choose £100 ($190) worth of goods from the duty free catalogue. I appreciated the additions to my makeup bag.