Pictures of our Costa Rica Trip

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures of our Costa Rica Trip

Hey y'all,

If you wanna see a few of our pics from our trip to Costa Rica, go to www.snapfish.com . The site will ask you to log in, so unless you want to buy some prints of my photos, you can just use this generic account I created to view the pics & slideshow:

username: [email protected]
password: costa

There's a few pics of Tulemar & Villas Nicolas for those of you that were interested in seeing the accomodations at those places, as well as about 50 other pics I posted for now.

If you DO wanna order prints, you'll have to create your own account. I took over 1100 photos while I was there, so I'm sure I'll be adding to this album as I get time, haha. Hope ya like 'em!
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 08:53 AM
jkheigle

Thanks airwayvz! Great photos, how exciting.

The waterfalls are beautiful, and Poas. Were those stops on way to Arenal? Good hikes?

Thanks Jackie

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Both Poas and Los Chorros are within 20 - 30 minutes from the Orquideas Inn. If you're driving yourself, just ask them at the desk for Wady / Zamar Tours and i'm sure they'll give you directions.

Poas will be easy to find...Los Chorros may be a little trickier, as it's down a little dirt road, but there is a sign. It's not too far from the La Paz / Peace Lodge area, but at $4 a person admision, it's a lot cheaper! Plus you can swing under or in front of the waterfalls if you'd like...not sure if you can do that at La Paz, but I don't think so.

Both hikes were great (especially Los Chorros), but just like Arenal there's a chance Poas will be cloudy and you won't see a thing.

You could easily visit both these places if you leave the Orquideas early enough, but if you plan on spending those two extra days you have in the Central Valley, I'd check 'em out then...well worth your time!

Glad ya liked the pics.

-Ryan
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Ooops, meant to say "swim" in the waterfalls, not "swing"!
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 02:22 PM

Nice pictures and yes I did look at all 89 of them!!

It is nice to see the pictures of the flowers and insects.

I never think of taking pictures of flowers or insects when I am in Costa Rica...it is always animals , birds and places.

So it is refreshing to see your pictures .

I too had a very clear morning when I visited Psoas...but I know people who went there and it was so cloudy they hardly saw much.

Nice metal church in Grecia . It is unique.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Percy

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 06:55 PM

Thanks so much, airwayvz, loved them all. Especially good ones of Poas, the spider monkey up close, the flowers, and Villas Nicolas. Definitely want to check out Los Chorros in March when we are there. Tell me more about it. . .is the walking fairly easy or is it a tough hike from the road? We'll be in a little group of family and friends and one has Parkinson's wouldn't do well on really rough terrain. Thanks again!
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! Nobody likes the "Iguana Love", huh? haha.

Anyway, regarding Los Chorros...I wouldn't say it's rough terrain, the path is very well taken care of, complete with timber steps when needed. However, on the way out it was steep, as you're climbing back up. But our guide Luis mentioned to us that there was a second entrance that wasn't as steep to exit...but we had parked the van at the steep entrance so we had to use that one, which was no big deal for us. But I'm sure you won't have trouble finding out more details regarding the other entrance before March. Try contacting Wady Tours (www.emotionguaranteed.com), I'm sure they'll give you details.

Also, you can rappel down the falls, but you need to book it in advance, because the company that does it isn't located @ Los Chorros...they just come out when booked. Unfortunately we didn't know this and went to Los Chorros on our last day in CR so we didn't have a chance...but ya gotta leave something for the next trip I suppose!

In addition, for the member of your group that has Parkinsons there are plenty of tables with great views of the falls right down near the river, so if he/she gets worn out it's a great place to rest and view the scenery.

We paid $4 each to get in and had the entire place to ourselves. Can't beat that!
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 03:49 AM

Thanks so much--just the info I was looking for! Yes, iguana love was cute. Didn't want to seem perverted in mentioning it, though. LOL! I posted grasshopper love a few months back. Love is love. LOL! O
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 08:12 AM

We also have our last full day to spend in the La Paz area. We are a family of 5 with 3 kids 10,13,15. Would it be better for us to rent a car this day and see Poas, La Paz waterfall or Chorros, etc. on our own? It would be very expensive to take the full day tour with Wady tours.
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 09:20 AM

Beautiful pictures, Ryan. Can you tell me how much the rates were at the bungelow and where it is. I am just starting to research Costa Rica as a destination.

Thanks