Search

White duvets now at ALL Hampton Inns?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 05:18 AM
cd
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White duvets now at ALL Hampton Inns?

I had heard here on Fodor's, when I commented that all Marriot's changed their bedding to wonderful confortable beds with white duvets that are changed after each quest, that Hampton Inns had done the same. This past week we stayed at a Hampton Inn in Houston and it is true! My first choice in hotels will always be these hotels that are doing this. It is so great to climb into a bed with all clean sheets and spreads! No more blankets that are only washed every three months and bedspreads only washed..?? whenever!

Do you know of other hotels that have gone to this type of bedcover?
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 05:33 AM

The Westins all have "Heavenly Beds" with duvets and much more. I just stayed at the Doubletree Seattle airport and they had duvets. I don't know if they all do or not.
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 07:03 AM

and you REALLY think that duvet cover will be washed daily or at least between guest check-ins?
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 07:13 AM
GoTravel

If they are truly white duvet covers and not bedspreads, you'll know quick if they weren't changed.

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 07:59 AM

Yes, we had the white duvet stuffed with a quilt when we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Bremerton, Washington, last weekend.

We suffer under this kind of bedding. It is much too heavy for us; we removed it and replaced it with a blanket.
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 08:46 AM
JR

My white duvet at the Hampton New York had hair on it. So much for "changing it daily."
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 08:49 AM

Generally in a hotel, I'm most comfortable with only a sheet over me. A duvet is just too much! Give me the traditional way so I have options of how much or how little covering I want, please!
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 05:27 AM

I'm bringing this thread back to the top to see if any other chains are doing this.

We just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express that had a blankets with fresh white sheets beneath and above it so it was completely covered in clean linen. Awesome!

We'll be in Pensacola for a wedding and can't find a convenient Holiday Inn Express. I'd love to hear about other moderately priced chains that might be following this trend.
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 05:38 AM

JR- not to be indelicate, but what kind of hair? i shed hair from my head all the time, so even when changing bed sheets, a stray might fall. If it is an other body part, well.. ick!