Where would you go in November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're planning a trip to Tanzania for early Nov. '07. We'd like to do a safari for 7 or 8 nights, followed by 3 nights at a beach location.

I thought I'd start by asking if anyone has any lodge recommendations for this time of year? We're thinking permanent tented (luxury-type) camps look good.

Also, from everything I've read, November isn't too rainy...is that right? Will the beach resorts be open?

Thanks for the help!
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 08:01 PM
santharamhari

I would think Northern Serengeti.....migration camp/kliens camp/lots of semi-mobile camp locations. Check with either Eben or Sandi on these boards.....

Hari

Old Nov 28th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

I'm thinking 2 nights at Migration Camp, 2 nights at either Mbuzi Mawe or Serengeti Serena Lodge, followed by 1 night at Crater Lodge and 1 at Plantation Lodge. Then we're thinking of then doing 3 nights at Ras Kutani, which is on the coast in Dar Es Salaam.

Does that sound right for the beginning of November?

Does anyone have any thoughts on Mbuzi Mawe vs. Serena Lodge?

Also, has anyone been to Ras Kutani? I can't seem to find much info or reviews. Would I miss out on anything by staying here instead of visiting Zanzibar?

Thanks!
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 10:17 PM
santharamhari

Mbuzi is a tented camp, and Serena is a big lodge with plenty of rooms. That whole central serengeti has lots of resident game thru the year....

I may spend a third night at Migration camp, if i were you.

Hari

Old Nov 30th, 2006, 08:22 AM

Wherever you decide, you'll be seeing the 7th Wonder of the World. The migration was recently declared so.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200611280998.html

Old Nov 30th, 2006, 11:47 AM

We just returned from a Nov. trip to Tanzania. Amazing! Rained a bit more than we expected but the migration had just begun. Loved Migration Camp, it was the favorite of the trip, by far! It was our first lodging in the Serengeti- we went to Mbuzi Mawe next, and though it was nice, it was a total let down from Migration Camp. We also visited Taringire Nat. Park & Ngorogoro Crater (Tarangire River Camp & Ngorogoro Sopa Lodge). Had a fantastic time and missed the crowds of people.
Old Nov 30th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

superk, welcome back! Will you be posting a trip report? I'd love to read it as it sounds like we're taking a very similar trip. How rainy was it? Who did you book with? And was Tarangire a "must-do"?