Search

Ruby's Inn at Bryce

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2006, 04:59 PM
wdl
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ruby's Inn at Bryce

We're planning to make reservations at Ruby's Inn for a trip to Bryce in late December. Question - how far are the "not in the lodge" rooms from the main building? Other than travel between buildings, are there differences between lodge rooms and rooms in other buildings?

Thanks
Old Nov 25th, 2006, 05:41 PM

I stayed at Ruby's this past May. We stayed in a lodge room. I took a quick look at their website now, the pic. of the non-lodge room looked similar to the room we had in the lodge.

My memory is hazy on the specifics, but even though it is a large property, everything is walkable(I think maybe took us 10 min? to walk to the far end of the property) and there was parking near all the buildings. I pulled out my hotel map from my travel file--- Columbine, Aspen, Deer buildings look closest to main building. Ponderosa and Lake view the farthest.
Old Nov 25th, 2006, 05:59 PM

I was there at the beginning of Nov. and very thankful to have a lodge room. The lovely indoor pool is in the main lodge, as well as the store and restaurant. This was nice because of how cold it got at night and I imagine it will be even colder in Dec.
Old Nov 25th, 2006, 06:53 PM

Is there any chance of staying in the park? We stayed in one of the motel rooms and it was nice, looked new, and very spacious.
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 04:35 AM

Ruby's is multi-building but rather compact - maybe a 5 minute walk from outermost area to main building - but in December that may make a difference. I am wondering if they even use the farthest out buildings in the winter, but that is just a guess.

Only saw room in non-main lodge, and room was standard motel set-up, on the large side - clean, well taken care of.
Old Nov 26th, 2006, 07:10 AM
wdl
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. The lodge in the park will be closed, so Ruby's sounds like the best bet. I appreciate everyone's input. It sounds like all the rooms are similar - not a situation where the "other" rooms are dark and dingy.