will you fly with a smoker airline?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Investors are trying to establish a new airline, offering smoking flights only.

First flight is scheduled from Europe towards Japan.

http://smintair.com

Would you fly with such an airline?
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 04:20 AM

The question should not be "will you fly such an airline?"...

it should be, "can you afford to fly such an airline?"....

According to their website, they will be flying a 747 that will have 30 first class seats and 108 business class seats ONLY! The upper deck will have a (smoking) lounge with a bar.

All the latest tech toys will be availabe, i.e. on-demand IFA, phones, internet, etc.

If the idea ever gets of the ground, this will a very exclusive and a very expensive way to travel.

anyways....reporting from Hamburg, Germany. Getting ready to head out to catch my first live match of the WC 2006!!!

Go Italy!!!

See Ya!!!
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 04:25 AM

Sure I would if I hadn't quit smoking & I probably would anyway if I could afford it. Wasn't there a smoking airline in the States when the smoking ban went into effect? I don't think it lasted, though.
Old Jun 30th, 2006, 05:41 PM

heck no. i'm too smart.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 07:57 AM

I can't stand sitting in an open space while someone is smoking. So why on earth would I want to subject myself to sitting in a confined, closed space for hours while someone puts smoke into their lungs and mine?
Madness.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 09:33 AM

If the price were right (Biz seats) I would smokers or not. Been around enough during my life and no allergies to worry about. It's all about price and service to me. I'm guessing there would be a large market for such an airline on long flights.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 12:13 PM

Not me--I'd prefer cattle car non-smoking to first calss with smokers.
Old Jul 1st, 2006, 01:58 PM

I fully support the idea that they have the right to run their business as they wish. I also fully support my right to chose another airline. Nope, wouldn't fly them.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 12:22 PM
LN

The concept sounds great!! Smokers would have the right to smoke while flying.

Why would I want to fly that airline when all other airlines are offering me a non-smoking flight?

LOL!!
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 12:44 PM

I agree it's a good idea for high end smokers. I would avoid it like the plague, myself.

Also, you would have to only hire smoking flight attendants since the published studies have come out about the danger of second hand smoking.
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 09:28 AM

Saw a little blurb on this airline on Fodors cover page about a smoking friendly airline. If you want a good laugh (sort of) read the website and be sure to look at some of their downloads, such as "Smoking does not cause lung cancer" and the oh-so-scientific Penn and Teller's "Bull****". Yeah, some real solid science. Then, they go on to reminisce about the good old days when you smoked cigars before takeoff and the stewardesses were good looking. Then they talk about Nazis and smoking bans. Yep, this is something you gotta read.
Old Oct 27th, 2006, 08:18 PM

No. Apart from not wanting to arrive smelling like smoked mean, I think it is a fire hazard that I would care to avoid at 40,000 feet.
Old Oct 28th, 2006, 09:34 AM

Got a tip for them: get clearance to fly over Russia before boarding their maiden flight.

That website looks like a farce.

<i>The inability of AIRBUS INDUSTRIES to deliver A380 aircraft as substitutes for all airlines' current fleet of B747-400s, postpones the delivery of SMINTAIR's B747-400s and consequently the first scheduled flight to October 2007, the beginning of the Winter Flight Plan.</i>

It's Airbus' fault that they aren't getting their Boeing 744?
Old Oct 28th, 2006, 02:31 PM

tom22:

NO.

Breathing the now recirculated air and being squeezed like pre-shrunk is bad enough. I don't need cancer too.

Woodie
Old Oct 28th, 2006, 07:09 PM

Having a smoking section on an airplane is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 03:39 AM

Yes, it is now that to save fuel &amp; cut costs they're recirculating the air so much.

Old Oct 29th, 2006, 05:35 AM

Well, guess I'm the only smoker on this forum. Yes, I'd love a seat where I can smoke. I remember the days when a non-smoker wouldn't shift out of a smoking seat for a smoker. Nobody seemed to complaim about smokers then!
Old Oct 29th, 2006, 07:39 AM

Featherbrain, I agree with you completely but now they're recirculating the air so much that more people get sick now.

I quit smoking in May of last year &amp; I request smoking sections in restaurants &amp; smoking rooms in hotels when I stay in them so that smokers will have places they're welcome (not that my booking makes all that great a difference) rather than everything become all non-smoking. I'd book on a smoking airline too, if it was going where I was.

I can remember in the last days of smoking flights how people would book in the non-smoking section &amp; then keep coming back to smoke.
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 01:29 AM
santharamhari

I dont think this concept will or should ever materialize.....

Remember, we are not allowed to carry toothpaste or gel or whatever.....imagine allowing or even providing lunatics tobacco and lighters etc etc.,

I doubt this concept will materialize. Maybe an all first-class airline with extra luxuary or all business class flight etc etc., that is possible.......a bigger flat bed, better food and wine, bigger tv and IFE choices etc etc.,

I wont fly with a smoking airline/flight...no way!!!

Hari

Old Nov 29th, 2006, 04:42 AM

This would NOT work with a U.S. airline because the &quot;Fasten Seatbelt Sign&quot; is always on. No one would be allowed to walk up the steps to the Upper Deck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -