Driving from Como to Tuscany

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying in Como/Bellagio for 5 days and then driving down to Tuscany where we have rented a villa very close (15min away)to Montalcino. My question is - has anyone out there driven this route and could you give me an idea of how long it takes to drive from Como to Montalcino? Do you have suggested stops along the way? We want to arrive at our villa by 6pm.. Thank you in advance for you advise and help!
Jenni
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 08:40 AM

Put your route into

www.viamichelin.com

Then look at the towns on or near the route and ask for recommendations.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 08:59 AM

Long drive--I would guess 6 hours but do run viamichelin and then add 20% to the time. I would stop in Monteriggioni just north of Siena.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 09:03 AM

It will be an interesting drive...most of it on the autoroute , which you can make good time. In fact you have choices of which autoroute. Lots of interesting stops, but since you will be Moltalcino area you will no doubt do day trips around Tuscany after settling in there. We spent 2 weeks in Siena a few years ago and loved it.
Well, I'm not giving you personal experience about the driving time, as you asked....but given the autoroute perhaps that can be figured somewhat....even skirting around Milan and Florence.
What I mainly wanted to ask: I'd be interested in learning more about your villa upon your return. Have you been there before, what Co. did you rent from, etc.???