Making a memory for two 18 year olds

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I would like to take our two daughters (both turning 18 and graduating from high school) somewhere in Northern California, perhaps Monterey area, to celebrate their longtime friendship and their accomplishments. We want to make a new memory for them to look back on. Any ideas on places to go, what to do?
Old May 12th, 2005, 01:02 PM

Hi galeslstorm, what a lovely idea.

I have no idea what the girls enjoy, what their interest are etc. but offhand I would say San Francisco would be ideal. Unless they do not like big cities of course.
Old May 12th, 2005, 01:20 PM

A spa getaway in Calistoga area would be fun & relaxing girl time for all.
Old May 12th, 2005, 02:35 PM

Mud baths in Calistoga would be an experience they would never forget.
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:21 PM

A mud bath versus SF. Wouldn't work me, LOL! But another thought. There are so many places in CA that the decision can be overwhelming sometimes.

Anyway galelstorm, some info regarding likes and dislikes, budget, amount of time etc. would help so you could get some good ideas.
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:29 PM

I would take them to the aquarium in Monterey, drive along the coast, and have dinner in Carmel. Sometimes if you try too hard, you accomplish the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve. Relax, enjoy one another, don't try to fill every minute.
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:38 PM

A friend and I had a spa day in Calistoga and definitely made some good memories. We were a bit leery of the actual "mud" baths so opted for a psuedo-mud bath treatment in the spa whirlpool tubs. They added a "mud" powder to the water to soak in followed by massage/ facial/ etc.

It was a great day.

One of the BEST memories ever in California was a kayaking trip in Monterrey Bay in the midst of the sea otters. One even slipped up on the bow of the kayak to say hi!
Old May 12th, 2005, 05:49 PM

Two SF ideas -

One year, a group of us were going to stay at a "boat and breakfast" in the bay on a yacht. We cancelled the trip, but one day I will go back and watch the July 4th fireworks overhead with views of the Golden Gate bridge and Coit Tower. One of the yachts offered an optional dinner cruise by the captain. The others stayed moored in the marina.

On a business trip I booked a town car and took some clients out to lunch (what's the name of the place on the coast with all the seals? I'm so tired I can't think) and then we drove back on a mini-sightseeing tour via Haight-Ashbury and other places my customers wanted to see. They still talk about it years later (and didn't cost that much).

If you stay in the city, check out one of the Kimpton group hotels. My favorite is the Hotel Monaco with lots of fun stuff going on in the lobby (tarot card readers, seat massages, etc.)