Search

Best Month To Visit Spain!??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you all think? Considering; cost, crowds, weather....

Thank you.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 04:08 PM

There is never a "bad" month to visit Spain, it would all depend on where you'd like to go and what you’d like to do. Madrid, Andalucía and southern Extremadura all tend to be a tad bit warm by mid-summer, so you head north to Green Spain. It would be just the opposite in mid-winter when it's still reasonably warm along the Mediterranean. But as I stated, it all depends on where you want to go and what you want to do. There are a lot of good options regardless of the season.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 04:11 PM

if you want to go skiing..jan.feb.march.

if you want to lay on beach in southern spain: may june,july.

if you like cooler weather, but hopefully sunny, and colder waters.. go to northern spain in july and august and hopefully you won't roast.

span is a very mountainous country with variable weather.
unless you define what you want to see, or like to do, it is difficult to suggest best weather for that.

but in general.. you can see on weather sites that spain has seasons, and spring and fall are the most pleasant IMO, as they are over most of europe,( except for skiing!)
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 01:45 AM

I think a late Spring timeframe may be best unless you are set on a specific event or activity, like beaches: mid-May to mid-June. Except for backpackers from the U.S. and Canada, tourist crowds aren't too big.

High season (pricewise) begins July 16 (Virgen de Carmen) and extends to mid-September (i.e., when most Europeans get their month-long vacation). It's also quite crowded at beach resorts during that time.

In late Spring many cities and towns have their annual fiesta: Madrid, for example has its San Isidro activities during May.
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:16 AM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
We went in October and had wonderful weather nearly the entire trip. Not too hot - very pleasant for touring.
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 04:46 AM

I have to vote for September. We went from the 9th - 22nd, and the weather was gorgeous in both the north and south of Spain. It seemed like most people had returned from their summer vacations. We only saw one place closed for that reason.
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 04:59 AM

If you wilt in hot weather, you will start to find certain places (e.g. Sevilla, certain other parts of Andalucia, Madrid) extremely hot (but dry) beginning in early June. I went hiking around the Sierra de Aracena (SW Spain, near Portugal) and then stopped over in Sevilla in the very first week of June, and had a business meeting in mid-June in Madrid. The temperatures were around 32-35C during the day (although a very pleasant 27-28C in the evening in the countryside).