Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

La Finca Que Ama Hotel: "Serenity at its Best! La Finca Que Ama Won our Hearts..."

Search

La Finca Que Ama Hotel: "Serenity at its Best! La Finca Que Ama Won our Hearts..."

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How would I describe La Finca Que Ama? Serenity, Beauty, Creativity and Hospitality beyond expectation.
Neta and Arbel, Owners of La Finca are some of the best, most gracious hosts of any B&B imaginable. It started from the planning stages when Neta (knowing me only by corresponding by emails), helped me plan the most awesome trip. After all the planning we arrived at La Finca in the evening hours only to find that she had Dinner waiting (family style) with the other guests present to welcome us to paradise in the Central Valley. After settling into our rooms....all terraced down a beautifully naturally landscaped hillside....we joined the group for dinner and wine. Unfortunately we were only at La Finca for one night, But did stay comfortable in our rooms listening to the creatures of the night in our first stay in Costa Rica. We awoke to daylight to see La Finca during the day hours.....A whole new view! How beautiful and serene it was. We took a hike down through the
trails surrounding La Finca and saw the most beautiful Flora and Fauna I have ever witnessed. Hard to believe it was growing just right outside our door. We then joined Neta for Breakfast......Yummmmmmm!!! Fresh Fruit, eggs, tuna mousse bagels.........need I say more? Yet another delight. Eating breakfast high on a terrace overlooking the central valley....what a sight.
Most importantly was the conversation. Neta and Arbel are a very interesting couple who have experienced so much and enjoy sharing their life as well as have a sincere interest in knowing about yourself and your experiences as well....enchanting couple - truly.
We laid by the pool and took in the beautiful surroundings before we scurried off to our next adventure into Manual Antonio.
Neta and Arbel and their La Finca are pure gems and Anyone that travels through the central valley should definitely take the time to Experience the beauty and charm of La Finca Que Ama.

Scott Carrico - Louisville, KY
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 09:33 AM

Scott, what a great recommendation that makes me want to go - NOW! How far from San Jose is La Finca ie. is it a good first or last night in CR location with easy access to the international airport? From the sounds of it, it would be a good place to stay - period! Thinking about a trip in April. Thanks.
Old Jan 14th, 2005, 05:31 PM

La Finca is about 1.5 hour from the airport. So if you have an afternoon flight, there would be no problem with doing a last night here. It truly is a remarkable place. The fact that it is in an area where many tourists choose not to go makes it all the more appealing to us.

We found it very handy to stay there the first time back in March when we were heading to the southern Nicoya Peninsula the next morning and needed a place in between for the night. It worked out great, and we have been to Costa Rica twice since then, both times making time to revisit La Finca Que Ama and Neta and Arbel.
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 03:39 AM

What sweet torture it is to listen to these wonderful reports ! I have always wanted to stay there , it is my mission to stay there now !!! Glad you enjoyed it ! Faith
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 05:46 AM

I too recently stayed at La Finca Que Ama for one night during my vacation to Costa Rica. I second everything Scott has said. The hotel was beautiful set among gorgeous scenery and the hosts were just as gracious as stated. Neta also helped me with my trip planning before we left. I would recommend La Finca Que Ama to everyone!
Old Jan 15th, 2005, 10:40 AM

Just want to say Neta and Arbel made our vacation perfect last summer; we used our drivers Oscar and Juan Luis to get around.
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 11:36 AM

Does anyone have contact info for "La Finca?" Website, phone no.?
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 12:19 PM

www.costaricafinca.com. We stayed there for 1 night en route from Arenal to Manuel Antonio and loved it!! It was our favorite place. The hospitality, food, accomodations (great bed, pillows, and jacuzzi for 2!, grounds, everything--- was perfect!! I would definitely recommend it.