Hotel Arenal Paraiso Question??

Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Arenal Paraiso Question??

Hello,
We have made our airline reservations to fly to CR in Aug! Can't wait!

We want to stay at the Arenal Paraiso in Arenal. I am debating between the standard bungalow and deluxe bungalow. The deluxe is about $40 more. Is it worth it? There will be 4 of us: me, my husband and our 2 daughters, ages 23 and 21. We like to keep costs down for lodgings so that we have more to spend on food and tours. Is the glassed in porch in the deluxe bungalow worth the extra money? We typically don't spend a lot of time in our room.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Old Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:50 PM

I don't know what the standard bungalow is like, but when we went in December with our son, 23, and our daughter, 21, we took the deluxe. I can't really remember why, but think it had something to do with a little more room perhaps. We enjoyed the glassed in porch. The view was stupendous, and we stood there late at night and watched the lava flow and filmed it. It was a little rainy, it could perhaps be a little more so in August, (so the enclosed porch was nice) and my daughter enjoyed sitting on the terrace and reading for a few minutes in the evening. Either way, you are sure to have a great view just in case you get a glimpse. All of Paraiso's accomodations offer a good view, I believe. Be sure and check on the size of the rooms. Even our deluxe was not overly spacious, and with four adults, you wouldn't want any smaller. Have fun!
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 06:29 AM

The deluxe bungalows also have air conditioning--and we were glad they did on our visit there in January. One day was very warm and humid--sleep would have been difficult without the A/C. Of course, it's hard to predict what the temps and humidity will be like on the particular days you will be there.

Anyway, we had two excellent nights of volcano viewing--nice and clear and lots of volcanic activity. Good luck to you, as it's quite a sight.

The hotel will send someone to wake you up to view any volcanic activity if you ask them to.
Old Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:31 AM

Dear Kwoo,
I called Arenal Pariaso and asked about the differences between the standard and the superior rooms:
1. Superior rooms are bigger
2. They have air conditioning
3. Their balcony is closed with glass.
I know some people there so if you write me directly, I can tell them your name, and they will probably give you a discount, that will make the superior room cost basically the same as you would now pay for the standard...
Let me know if you would like me to help.
Pura Vida,
Neta Talmor
Old Apr 4th, 2004, 04:14 AM

Note that the porch is not completely enclosed in glass, one side is open for entry.