KEY WEST ---- HOTEL OR B&B ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2003, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am posting to all states since people travel everywhere and can give input on all types of places around the world from their travel experiences.

I have a good rate at the Best Western Hisbiscus hotel ($90) with continental breakfast in Key West close to the action on Duvall street and am going with my girlfriend.

Would anybody be able to recommend a B&B with free parking and a pool/hot tub with-in a similar price range for Dec. 21st -24th?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 01:21 PM

I just got back yesterday from Key West and we stayed at Casa 325, www.casa325.com. They are right on Duval street and the location is great. The rates we got were between $115-135. If you stay there, ask for a room towards the back because the front can be a little crowded. Have fun!
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 06:26 AM

I can't remember the prices, but we stayed at the Paradise Inn when we went to Key West, and it was wonderful! I can't say enough good things about it. If you're willing to take a risk, you can also check with the travel center that is on the righ when you first drive onto the island. They can often get you really good pricing on the B&B's.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 06:38 AM

check out the Marquesa Inn ==it is a very romantic bnb with a pool and off street parking and a terrific restaurant...

Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:32 AM

Wicker Guesthouse on Duval Street is really nice. They have continental breakfast in the courtyard by the pool every morning. We loved it there. Forget how much we paid though. Check out the website: http://www.wickerguesthouse.com/
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 09:30 AM

You'll have a difficult time finding a B&B in Old Town for $90, but you can check out prices and availability at
keywestinns.com
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 09:33 AM

Friends stayed at Simonton Court and loved it (it was much nicer and more spacious than what we had, for about $10 more per night). We stayed at Artist House and didn't like it at all. Rooms were small and intrusive, and the only parking available was on the street. Although as I recall, nothing in our price range allowed free parking...

Although if you're looking at traveling in 2003, these posts probably won't do you much good!!
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 12:03 PM

Oh yeah, If I remember correctly Wicker Guest House has free parking.
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 04:26 PM

I vactioned in Key West in June 2003. We stayed at a bed and breakfast called the Treetop Inn and it was very nice, but if I had to do it over again, I would stay at a small hotel. If I go back, I will stay at a place called the Almond Tree Inn. It is just off Duvall St. on Truman Ave. It offers free cont breakfast and free happy hour and has complimentary free parking. It is close enough to walk to all major attractions, but far enough away from noise. I looked at the property and the rooms and they look newer and very nice (and cool). You can honestly park the car and leave it, unless you want to venture further off. I also saw the Hibiscus and it was nice, but a little further away from the action. Trust me, The Almond Tree Inn is the best.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 04:21 PM

www.keywestbandb.com
This place is also known as The Poplar House. I have stayed there about 10 times now...prices are w/in your range and the house is wonderful. Friends stay at Angelina Guest House and say the same. Angelina has a pool, Poplar has a nice hot tub ~ I personally think the Poplar House is nicer, rooms are beautiful and the house is so comfy.