Reload this Page >

Sandals Grande lowest category rooms?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2003, 06:37 PM
honeymooner14

I have read on this forum that in the Sandals resorts, it's okay to book the lowest price room because the difference between room categories is not that significant (but costs a lot more.) Has anyone stayed at the Sandals Grande in St. Lucia? How were the lowest catgeory rooms? Is it worth the extra $ to get a "better" room?

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes - I would be quite happy to book one of the lowest catagory room at Sandals Grande St Lucian. All the rooms are nice - you just get less of a view!
In fact I wouldn't choose one of the more expensive rooms with the plunge pool even if it was the same price. They have no view and the pool seemed to be a magnet for the mosquitos!
Go ahead - how much time will you spend in your room anyway? You get the same bar, beach, food, entertainment, sun, sea etc. as the person who has paid 3 times as much to stay in the most expensive room.
Martin
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 05:30 AM

Hi,
I was there when it was still the hyatt.
I wouldnt spend the extra $ on the plunge pool rooms, you have no view and are the furthest from the ocean.

This is a great hotel!
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 08:50 AM

I wouldn't spend the extra money for a plunge pool or a suite either. However, the view of Rodney Bay from the beachfront side is spectacular and something worth paying for, for us. I'd rather have a great view and an OK room
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 12:02 PM
honeymooner14

Thank you for all your information! I figured just as you all said, that you are not spending much time in your room anyway. But what are the rooms/bathrooms in the lowest cateogry like at the Sandals Grande St. Lucia?

Old Jul 16th, 2003, 02:54 AM

To the best of my knowledge all the rooms are basically the same. The views and levels of service (concierge, suites etc.) are where the price difference comes in.