Search

Aspen Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aspen Lodging

Has anyone stayed at the the Sky Hotel in Aspen? And if so, did you like it? We've found some great rates but have heard mixed reviews.

Also, does anyone have any other sugestions on great places to stay? We're going in September. We were thinking we wanted to stay at more of a lodge/B&B but couldn't find any that were reasonably priced and rated highly.
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 11:38 AM

Last summer I was shocked to find us two rooms at the normally very expensive Jerome Hotel for about $150 per room the end of September, and then we were even upgraded to deluxe rooms. How late in September are you going, because the rates drop dramatically that month?
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 04:08 AM

I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find something reasonably priced and rated highly in September in Aspen. The Sky Hotel is one of the more expensive, it should be easy to find rooms cheaper, and some very nice, though not up there with the St. Regis or Little Nell, but nice enough. Hotel Jerome is a great suggestion especially if they have a good deal. $150 is a great price for such a nice hotel. Did you look into the Sardy House? An historic victorian turned into a B&B. Have you checked www.AspenSnowmass.com? And, where are you getting these ratings for all the hotels there anyway? Anyone can put any number of stars on a hotel that they want, but what does that really mean? Good Luck!
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:18 AM

http://www.redstoneinn.com/

you can't go wrong at the redstone inn. check it out. it's a bit off the beaten path, but then that's the point right? my wife and i go there each year and love it.

for other ideas, you may want to check out vrbo.com the've got lot's of properties in colo.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 08:02 AM

The Redstone Inn would be a nice choice, but know that it is not in Aspen. By "off the beaten path" it means that it's about an hour from Aspen. But the town of Restone is neat, tiny and the drive there is beautiful.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 08:09 AM

thanks for the geography lesson, Steph.
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 08:24 AM

I would recommend the Hotel Lenado (it is owned by the same owners as the Sardy House) and it is a "lodge/B&B". They have a website with pictures for you to check out. We stayed there in March, and liked it a lot. Good location, nice rooms, very helpful staff and a hot tub with a view of Aspen Mountain (perfect for soaking after skiing all day). We heard from the staff that the Sardy House would be closing and the owners were going to turn it into timeshares -- don't know if that actually happened. Would stay at Hotel Lenado again.