Restaurant Recommendations Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2023, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are getting excited for our big trip in July, Everyone has told me that we should make some restaurant reservations in advance. Looking for some recommendations for your favorites in or nearby the following. We will have a car so willing to drive. Looking for great food, atmosphere, views, and casual prices. We are also hoping for at least one Michelin Fine Dining Restaurant on the trip. So would love to hear your choice for that as well. Thanks in advance!

Paris
Colmar
Annecy
St Remy
Aix en Provence
Nice/Antibes/
Old May 23rd, 2023, 01:51 PM

St. Paul de Vence - Colombe d'Or - historical, fabulous, set in old auberge - most famous of Fr Riviera - resv now lunch or dinner
Nice - La Voglia - no resv so be sure to be outside waiting for 7pm opening, VERY popular

What arrondissement is your stay in Paris? Somehow we never like to go too far at the end of a busy, long day there!
Old May 23rd, 2023, 03:13 PM

Yo Luna,
The Caumont Centre in Aix features not only 3 separately-themed dining salons, but it also doubles a a local museum. Dunno whether they've earned a Michelin mention but it sure felt like that.
And Wiebel cafe would be an excellent place to breakfast or just have coffee, given its matchless location viz a viz the weekly market right in front.

Paris, well there's one cafe that we've favored in le Marais, whose name translates as 'The Dormouse in the Teacup'. ______ dans le Thiere' or somesuch. Easy to google.
Colmar's workaday covered marche has several booths that do superb-quality Boeuf Bourguignone and maybe you could order it heated-to-go for a picnic?
Good Luck!

I am done. the reccos
Old May 23rd, 2023, 05:37 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice-Flaveur. The chef of another top restaurant in Nice sat next to us. Wonderful place to dine and it has two **Michelin stars!
Paris- casual,in the 7th..Au Bon Accueil. Friendly atmosphere. Set prices, reasonable. We always eat here no matter where we are staying in Paris.
Paris- Le Bistro de Paris in the 7th.

Last edited by HappyTrvlr; May 23rd, 2023 at 05:59 PM.
Old May 24th, 2023, 09:51 AM

Nice: L'Ecurie, in Vieux Nice. Also La Maison Bleue.

St-Paul-de-Vence: La Colombe d'Or. Go for the art if not the food.
Old May 24th, 2023, 11:06 AM

It has been a few years but I have never forgotten sitting on the terrace of Le Colombe d'Or at dusk sipping a glass of Champagne.....just beautiful....
Old May 24th, 2023, 12:36 PM

https://www.eater.com/maps/best-rest...s-paris-france
also parisbymouth.con
Old May 24th, 2023, 06:00 PM

The local cuisine in Nice is called Nissarde, and there is an association for the preservation of this cuisine. It maintains a list of places with strict adherence to the tradition, a true micro cuisine. I highly recommend you search it out:

https://www.explorenicecotedazur.com...F-YkNWE7sd1ZwM

https://www.facebook.com/LabelCuisineNissarde/
Old May 25th, 2023, 03:46 PM

Yup, sitting in Colombe d'Or, just taking in all the art surrounding you was as enjoyable as the delicious lunch. He was brilliant to arrange such with the masters.
Old May 25th, 2023, 05:08 PM

While you are staying in St. Remy, I can recommend visiting the nearby village of Eygalieres. It's about a 15-minute drive. They have a wonderful Friday morning market that closes up around 1PM. There are usually more locals than tourists; in fact, there are very few tourists; you will hear very little, if any, English. For lunch, I recommend Chez Paulette. On Fridays all the restaurants offer a delicious white fish with vegetables. This dish is only served on Fridays. If you go, be sure to try their pear and almond tart. Delicious! If you aren't there on a Friday, I still recommend visiting Eygalieres, a lovely village not frequented by too many tourists. And there is a wonderful walk to the top of the hill where you can visit ancient church ruins (Ancient St. Laurent Church).

While in Aix, I can recommend Brasserie de Verdun for lunch or dinner. I had a whole Dorado fish and my husband had tripe stew. Both meals were delicious.

If you like tea, I can recommend the Kusmi Tea shop in Aix for nice gifts.
Old May 26th, 2023, 09:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
People should say if their recommendations are from pre or post covid, since that changed so many things and especially the price for the places that still exist.
Old May 26th, 2023, 10:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
going to Colmar for a Burgundian dish is certainly possible but since Alsace has such a distinctive cuisine it would seem a shame. Colmar is not my favorite place to stay in Alsace and the high density of tourism gets you what it gets you. There is a good Italian restaurant The Villa Romana, but I wouldn't travel around France to eat there. Go eat in the villages.
Old May 26th, 2023, 10:35 AM

We stopped in Clelles on our way from Annecy to Provence. We had no idea about this place and what a lovey surprise. Le Bistrot de la Place. I still think our meal there.
Old May 26th, 2023, 01:40 PM

My recommendations are from December 2022.
Old May 27th, 2023, 06:31 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
During a trip to Provence my husband became quite ill and saw a wonderful doctor several times. He told us to change our itinerary once we were ready to continue our travels to include Eygalieres where he had a home. We loved the town.
Old May 27th, 2023, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by HappyTrvlr
During a trip to Provence my husband became quite ill and saw a wonderful doctor several times. He told us to change our itinerary once we were ready to continue our travels to include Eygalieres where he had a home. We loved the town.
It's interesting to hear that you visited Eygalieres as well. Good thing the doctor suggested you visit. It's one of our favorite places in Provence, and we have been there many times. It' s not over-run with tourists, and we have heard very little English while there.
Old May 27th, 2023, 10:03 PM

We had a wonderful dinner in Nice last week. The restaurant is Les Sens and my husband and loved everything they served us but particularly the lemon soufflé. Lemon dessert heaven!
Old May 27th, 2023, 11:48 PM
mjs

I can recommend Restaurant De Tourrel. A Michelin one star in the heart of St Remy. Ate there September 2021.