Search

Central Cuba 2023

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2023, 06:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Central Cuba 2023

Partner and I are thinking of a week long trip to Central Cuba - Cienfuegos/Santa Clara/Trinidad/Camaguey. We've been to Havana & surrounding area a few years ago.

Anything we shouldn't miss? Where would be a good city to stay overnight (good accommodations/restaurants) vs ones we should only do as a daytrip?
Also - any tips for hiring a driver to take us from Havana to central cuba? (rather would not spend the time on a bus and go direct)

We're young, love to immerse in culture. I don't scuba dive or swim well but my partner does. Half a day or so at a beach is all we need for beach time- it is not a priority for us.

Also, anyone who has travelled there in the last couple months would love to hear your experiences with internet/money exchange and the mood of the cuban people lately as it seems to be more hardship all around.
Old Sep 22nd, 2023, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When are you going or have you already been?

Cienfuegos/Santa Clara/Trinidad are all relatively in reach of each other for a week long trip but note that
Camagüey is about a four hour ride from Trinidad or Santa Clara. Possibly visit Sancti Spiritus instead.

Trinidad and Cienfuegos have decent beaches worth a visit.

CDN, U.S. and Euro are currencies in demand these days.