Weather in May/June?

Old Nov 26th, 2022, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather in May/June?

I need to buy a lot of new clothing due to changes in my body (ahem weight gain &#128514 and will be gradually buying items which I can pack for my Europe tripe.

In recent years, what has the weather been like in May/June in Spain, Portugal and France?

We are beginning in Spain in the last week of May and will be traveling around for 2 weeks, then Portugal for a week, and France for 2 weeks.
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 07:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
warm dry or warm wet.
of course it depends on what you mean by warm
Portugal's weather is more Atlantic than say central France which is more Continental. So it kind of depends.

You can google historical weather records by city, but note that Climate Change means more water in the atmosphere and more energy in any storm, so when it is bad it just more bad
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 11:53 AM

We haven't taken our usual trips to France in June 2019, 20, & 21 due to the Pandemic. This year - we went to Scotland in May.

In 2017 it was a scorcher in Provence. We didn't even go outside on several days. In 2019 - we were in Brittany and it was another scorcher. Rare for Brittany. This year in Provence, it hit 111 F in Carpentras (search on Google).

Stu Dudley
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by victoriainwanderland
I need to buy a lot of new clothing due to changes in my body (ahem weight gain &#128514 and will be gradually buying items which I can pack for my Europe tripe.

In recent years, what has the weather been like in May/June in Spain, Portugal and France?

We are beginning in Spain in the last week of May and will be traveling around for 2 weeks, then Portugal for a week, and France for 2 weeks.
Sorry but you will get a definitive answer to that question.
You can look up weather history websites.But one should note weather history gives you no prediction of what may happen.
You ask us for details covering 2 months and 3 countries. The total of those equals around 480000 square miles.
Then there is day and night temperature changes.

Basically Dress in layers and bring some wet weather gear.
Old Nov 27th, 2022, 04:15 AM

If it is like this year it will be hot. It should be pleasant end of May into June pretty much anywhere in Europe, certainly in Iberia and France but honestly it is anyone's guess with climate change.
Aim for warm/hot weather but pack something waterproof and something warm for the evenings/just in case., but I would hold off on buying anything until much nearer the time, you may have lost weight again by then, and you can get a better feel for the weather.