Search

Planning a visit to Panama

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2022, 04:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning a visit to Panama

Hello,

My partner, I and two friends are planning a 10-day trip to Panama. We're considering going in early June. we'd like to stay at least a couple of different places. One goal is to snorkel; another is to investigate whether we might like to come back next winter for a couple of months.

We have gotten some ideas from previous posts on here as well as my partner is doing extensive research on line. Today I ordered a Lonely Planet Guide book and map to help us realistically decide where to go. There are a few things I'd like help with:

1) What recommendations do you have for good snorkeling spots?

2) We'd like to stay at an Eco lodge somewhere; do you have a recommendation?

3) Would you recommend going to Panama City and the Panama Canal or stay in less urban areas?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer!
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 10:32 AM

I'm doing the same. I'm going on a Panama Relocation Tour in two months with time at both ends for independent travel. I've been to Panama before and stayed at Canopy Tower. This was over 10 years ago, maybe closer to 20, and while the exterior looks the same, the rooms don't. I seem to remember sleeping in a giant cylinder single room which does not exist on their web site now. The tower overlooks the canal/river. This place is birders central and neither my travel buddy or I were birders so we set off with another guide for a non-bird-focused hike. Turns out we saw the most amazing birds-- everyone else was jealous, lol. Anyway, it was a highlight of the trip. just amazing.. Not sure if it fits your idea of an eco lodge, but check it out. Good luck with your trip!
Old Dec 1st, 2022, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response. Would appreciate any updates once you go since you'll be there before we go in June! Hope your trip is all you want it to be, and more!