Reload this Page >

Request for Decision on Grand Cayman versus St. Lucia

Old Sep 25th, 2022, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good afternoon!

I’ve narrowed my island choices down to either Grand Cayman or St. Lucia. Please help me decide.

We enjoy snorkeling (I know Grand Cayman is said to be superior for this), lush scenery (more like St. Lucia), mid range lodging (usually like to stay in more residential areas to experience local life, when the local areas are welcoming and safe), historical sites, botanical gardens, cultural activities great local food, friendly locals, etc. We don’t care about nightlife and don’t enjoy sitting on the beach all day or shopping. I was leaning towards St. Lucia but saw some posts stating people felt some areas of the island were unsafe and that they were approached frequently by people offering services, including watching their car for safety. I understand most locales have at least isolated pockets that are best avoided. Please advise. Thank you!
Old Sep 26th, 2022, 12:17 AM

Go to the island that appeals to you most. Not sure what a tourist would be doing in a part of St Lucia that should be avoided. Stick to the areas that tourists go to and don’t walk around at night. Avoid isolated areas where you’re alone. Same advice for all Caribbean islands.

Pity to miss the beauty of St Lucia based on posts as you’ve read. Have never been asked by anyone to look after my rental car, this has only happened to me in South Africa & I paid someone a few rand to do this. Just someone trying to make a living.
Old Sep 26th, 2022, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Balthy!