Search

Concerned about Mykonos hotel rez

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2022, 02:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concerned about Mykonos hotel rez

Morning! Looking for some counsel.

We are planning to spend a single night on Mykonos (August). For many reasons, it was the best way to get to our preferred island (Naxos). We can't guarantee we will make the last ferry (our flight is scheduled to land at 3 PM but you never know).

So we booked one night in a Mykonos property. It's $$$ (for us) - 400 euro. Booked straight with the property (no 3rd party website). There have been a few recent reviews saying the people showed up for their rez only to be told it was cancelled because of a defective credit card or something. I have until Aug 14 to cancel my rez.

What would you do? I am a little concerned about having to scramble to find alternate lodging if this happens to us. We are a family of four (two kids). Mykonos doesn't seem to have many affordable places. Should I cancel and hope we can get the last ferry to Naxos that day? I will have an easier time finding a room in Naxos for less than $400.

If you have any advice for me, PLMK. Thanks

Old Aug 11th, 2022, 04:10 AM

Are you still planning to arrive by flight at Mykonos on August 29th? There are now two Sea Jets ferries due to depart for Naxos after your 3pm flight arrival, one at 5:35 pm and another at 7:25 pm. Being late afternoon departures, both ferries are likely to be running behind schedule.

If you make all the connections on your complicated itinerary, you should have more than sufficient time for one of those ferries. It’s up to you whether you want to play safe and keep your hotel reservations on Mykonos.
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 05:08 AM

Did you receive a confirmation from the hotel for your reservation? If so, the booking is fine.
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 07:39 AM

Can you call the hotel or send them an email to check on your reservation?
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 01:06 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Other than reviews you read, are there other reasons you are concerned about your reservation? Did they send you a booking confirmation??
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 05:26 PM

I also recommend that you write to confirm your reservation. I usually do that a few weeks before a trip. With a recent confirmation in hand, you should be fine.
Old Aug 12th, 2022, 02:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all. I'm probably worried for no reason. Because we are only staying one night, I feared the same thing might happen to us.

I do have a confirmation from the hotel, and thanks to the exchange rate, the hotel is $294 (294 euros) and not $400 like it appeared to be back in January when I booked. It is nice to know that if there is a snafu I may be able to grab the ferry to Naxos as they added a late one. We've been there three times and have a good relationship with the hotelier in Naxos so if we are in a jam he may be able to help us.

Naples to Athens to Mykonos is enough for one day. My family may revolt if I throw a ferry trip on the tail end of that!
Old Aug 12th, 2022, 02:52 AM

Since you booked it such a long time ago, there’s no harm in emailing hotel to reconfirm, to advise arrival time etc.