short trip to Maui in January

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2022, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are planning to go to Maui in January for about 4 nights. We plan to do a sunset sail and maybe a snorkling trip. we are both in. our 70s but are still active.

We think we want to stay within walking distance of Lahaina. We are looking for a decent place to stay-does not have to be extravagant. I noticed the Lahaina shores Beach resort, which looked good. .Any suggestions about places to stay?

any suggestions about other activities? Thanks.
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 08:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My cousin stayed at the Best Western Pioneer Inn years ago and really liked it, but my info is second hand. It is right by the Banyan Tree. So much to do in Maui, but for the evenings, we did the Feast at Lele and Warren and Annabelle’s. Both were terrific.
Old Jun 21st, 2022, 08:36 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My family stayed at Lahaina Shores on a reunion trip. It's was many years ago but we all liked it a lot. We chose it in part, like you said, because of being able to walk into Lahaina. I really liked the pool out on the back lawn. The beach is not much but useable. Pioneer Inn as mentioned above looked cute, we had breakfast there one morning.

We did Haleakala (mid-morning not sunrise) and Old Lahaina Luau as our special days.