Nashville during Covid SOS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2022, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! We are a senior couple who have never been to Nashville and are so excited about our September reservation.
BUT, our very popular downtown hotel, does not have a concierge now , due to Covid, which is disappointing to us.

We are overwhelmed by all the choices! The tour books seem to suggest that certain activities are only open on limited days and there are ideal times of the day to get the most from the visit. We are a bit confused..how are we going to see/do so much in 3-4 days without a good plan? So we turn to all of you for your RECENT, Covid-culture knowledge.

We would be so grateful if you could advise us if there are any DON'T MISS activities that we must buy tickets for now. We are not bar people, but if there is a fun "scene" which is truly representative of "Nashville," we would enjoy the experience! Restaurants? Tips? Are there are tours that you felt were especially comprehensive, fun, and worth the time and money? How about that Hop On/Off bus?
Is Germantown walking distance from downtown's Sixth or Seventh Avenue?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Suzy G
(If you visit NY, we can help YOU!)
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 04:47 AM

Hi mrsgo. I stayed at the old train station in 2017. A hop on trolley stop was right in front of the hotel and it worked great. Here's my TR for ideas:
Chasing Sargent in Nashville
Please share your experiences and have a great time in Music City!
Old Jun 14th, 2022, 06:57 PM

If you want to go to the Country Music Hall of Fame they do have discount tickets after a certain time in the afternoon. I can’t remember the exact times, but it gave us a couple of hours which was enough time for us.

I would suggest that you see who is playing at the Ryman Auditorium and if the group interests you in the slightest I would go see them there. It’s one of the best venues for a concert.

East Nashville, South Nashville, Germantown and The Nations are all very nice neighborhoods with restaurants and shops.

Nashville’s Botanical Garden (Cheekwood) is a great place to spend some time.

We also enjoy going to the Nashville Farmer’s Market. It’s close to Germantown and the state capital.

Enjoy your trip!

Last edited by cgenster; Jun 14th, 2022 at 07:01 PM.