Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

yk+family weeklong American history tour to Virginia, April 2022

Search

yk+family weeklong American history tour to Virginia, April 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2022, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the detailed report, yk. I am glad you and your son had such a good time.
If you do go back later with a civil war focus, Harpers ferry and antietam are both near the northern end of the skyline drive so it would be easy to do some more hiking then

My husband and i almost wento to the historic triangle area a few weeks ago but we decided to concentrate on the Chesapeake Bay area instead. That was also a very interesting trip -- so many trip possibilities, so little time!
Old May 22nd, 2022, 06:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your trip reports are always wonderful and so full of great information. Again, I have to say how wonderful it is that you and your son get to share these great experiences.
Old May 22nd, 2022, 07:27 AM

I sent my brava too soon, yk! Agree with Vttraveler about the Harper's Ferry area.
Old May 27th, 2022, 01:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think you are the gold standard for trip reports.

I will send anyone asking about the regions of VA you visited directly to your trip report. Thank you!
Old May 28th, 2022, 08:26 AM

Thanks so much yk for your report! Your more recent pictures have an emotional value to me, as they brought me a flurry of happy memories of my youthful time at William & Mary, and some things I would only have recalled thanks to pictures such as yours. Places like Chowning’s Tavern I had forgotten about entirely but I remember their magic; it is nearly 30 years ago now and sometimes feels like it and yet somehow doesn’t also.

Best wishes and thanks for sharing your travel experiences! Daniel
Old May 29th, 2022, 05:43 PM
yk
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obxgirl
I think you are the gold standard for trip reports.

I will send anyone asking about the regions of VA you visited directly to your trip report. Thank you!
obxgirl, you are too kind! Lots of Fodorites helped me to make this trip possible, so posting a TR is my way of pay it forward, hoping it will help someone plan their trips in the future.
Originally Posted by Daniel_Williams
Thanks so much yk for your report! Your more recent pictures have an emotional value to me, as they brought me a flurry of happy memories of my youthful time at William & Mary, and some things I would only have recalled thanks to pictures such as yours. Places like Chowning’s Tavern I had forgotten about entirely but I remember their magic; it is nearly 30 years ago now and sometimes feels like it and yet somehow doesn’t also.

Best wishes and thanks for sharing your travel experiences! Daniel
Daniel, I'm so glad the photos brought back happy memories.