Pre-Booked Time Slot Question in England/Scotland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2022, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts

With so many attractions calling for timed tickets these days, I am wondering how strict they are on time slot admittance? For instance, in London, we have tickets for 10 a.m. at St Paul's Cathedral and would like to go to the Museum of London later, but without knowing exactly how long we'll be at St. Paul's it's difficult to book a time at MOL. Let's say we booked a 12:30 p.m. time slot, but didn't get there until 1:30, would we still be admitted? I'm finding that minor problem also in York and Scotland. Thanks.
Old Apr 19th, 2022, 03:47 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
AFAIK the Museum of London recommends advance timed tix, but don't require them and walk-ups are also OK.

IME timed tix validity varies by venue -- some hold the slot for 30 minutes, more will allow arrival any time in the following hour, and few do allow entry all day after the booked ticket time. It really is a place/site by place/site basis.