Search

Couple destination

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2022, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple destination

Looking for an area where we can have lots of adventures, but not break the bank either.

we are in our 30's if that matters, and love to stay busy. WE love places that embrace culture too, including food and music.

Where would you go?
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 12:35 PM

What types of adventures are you looking for?
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by november_moon
What types of adventures are you looking for?
We are open to all kinds of adventures, as long as it doesn't have to with heights or snakes.
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 01:41 PM

Well that doesn't narrow it down much - lol. But here are some ideas, maybe get you started:

We're planning a trip to Peru next year, and considering walking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu as part of that trip. Here's a multi-day guided trek from Alpaca Expeditions that I have been looking at (https://www.alpacaexpeditions.com/cl...group-service/). It looks pretty good, and I think qualifies as an adventure - it's kind of a soft adventure since the whole thing is catered, but you do have to hike a bunch and camp out As part of the same trip, we are considering spending some time at a lodge along either the Rio Madre de Dios or Rio Tambopata. There are various lodges where you can do jungle hikes, canoeing on the river, etc.

Costa Rica is a good country for adventure - there are all kinds of things you can do - from ziplining, canyoning, jungle trekking, river rafting, mountain biking, ATV tours... A nice thing about CR is that there are a lot of great places to stay, so you can have adventures during the day and creature comforts at night and it is a pretty easy country to travel in. On our next trip to CR, we plan to visit Tortuguero NP, which is only accessible by boat or plane.

Belize is another good choice - plenty of good stuff to do, including snorkeling and cave tubing. There are also Mayan archeological sites that you can visit.

Old Apr 6th, 2022, 10:59 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, I'd go to Puerto Vallarta Mexico myself, because it's a favorite place for me. They have food, culture, music, adventures.

But truly I think pretty much anywhere in Mexico or Central America could fit your request in one way or the other. nov_moon has great ideas. If you're open to the Caribbean, I'd also suggest possibly Jamaica.

Old Apr 7th, 2022, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suze
Well, I'd go to Puerto Vallarta Mexico myself, because it's a favorite place for me. They have food, culture, music, adventures.

But truly I think pretty much anywhere in Mexico or Central America could fit your request in one way or the other. nov_moon has great ideas. If you're open to the Caribbean, I'd also suggest possibly Jamaica.
I have heard great things about Puerto Vallarta. Do you have any certain places you like to go to or do things at? And i do want to eventually go to Jamaica. Thanks for the recommendations.
Old Apr 8th, 2022, 03:40 AM

Costa Rica would be a great choice. Known for adventure activities and natural beauty. We love the Arenal area if you want to explore that option. You could combine it with beach time at Manuel Antonio.
Old Apr 8th, 2022, 08:56 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
heard great things about Puerto Vallarta. Do you have any certain places you like to go to or do things at?

I've been to PV 30+ times. I stay anywhere from 10 days to one month in a local hotel or renting an apartment in Zona Romantica (Old Town area). There are so many things to do depending on your interests. Typical tourist activities like boating, city tours, fishing, day cruises, ATV, ziplines, horseback riding, etc. etc. Or you can explore on your own around the city... go to the beach, swim in the pool, see live music, music and dance performances, visit art galleries, take a walking tour, sign up for a cooking class, checkout local neighborhoods, go shopping, join a gym, etc.