Marriott's London

Search

Marriott's London

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marriott's London

I have a few certificates that I needed to use before they expire at the end of January 2022. I will be in the UK in december, spending the last 2 nights in london before our flight home. I figure I'd use those certificates and as we will use justairports for the service to heathrow, the area wouldn't matter. The Residence Inn Kensington, Town Hall on Patriot Square, the Marriott at Canary Wharf and the London Marriott Maida Vale all qualified for the max points. I am leaning towards the REsidence Inn. Any thoughts? We will be arriving at King's Cross/St Pancreas. As for activities, nothing in particular - we've seen most of the sites in London. Will Probably just go for walks admiring Christmas decors.

Thanks.

Last edited by JoyC; Oct 18th, 2021 at 11:39 AM.
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 12:54 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Have you been to the Churchill War Rooms. I'm going back for a quick visit to see those. I missed on my last visit.
I'd probably choose Kensington too.
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 12:59 PM

No first-hand advice except that the Kensington area is nice and near Hyde Park. I googled Maida Vale and it's near Abbey Road studios in case you are a fan of the Beatles! With just airports, you'll be in good hands, imo.
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starrs
Have you been to the Churchill War Rooms. I'm going back for a quick visit to see those. I missed on my last visit.
I'd probably choose Kensington too.
Yes! My husband and I both love it!
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 01:29 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by JoyC
Yes! My husband and I both love it!
Oh, good! We are adding on London after Ireland JUST so I can return to see them. Of course, we'll see/ do something else. Have no idea what. Maybe an exhibit at Kensington Palace, depending on what is there - but my friend has first pick on the 2nd activity.

Your "just wandering" comment made me think of the Portobello market. If you haven't done that, I really enjoyed it.
https://visitportobello.com/
https://visitportobello.com/whentovisit

Old Oct 18th, 2021, 05:20 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We stayed in South Kensington on our trip to London right before COVID. We loved the area.
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 05:39 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Tried to post earlier but got an error message. Is the Marriott County Hall a possibility points-wise? If so I’d definitely try for it. Otherwise the Kensington property is the best of the 3 you mentioned
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 03:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We stayed at the Residence Kensington before they renamed it from "Nadler." We liked it a lot. It is made from several town houses. The room had a nice comfortable queen sized bed, a mini kitchen, WIFI, TV, a nice modern bathroom, and a very accommodating staff, although many were from the Euro zone before Brexit, so who knows now. It was a 5 minute walk from a tube station that was a straight shot to Heathrow and had no steps for entrance and exit, so luggage was no problem. Food, restaurants, a pharmacy, a phone store, etc were also there near the station. All in all, easy to recommend.
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJPeabody
We stayed at the Residence Kensington before they renamed it from "Nadler." We liked it a lot. It is made from several town houses. The room had a nice comfortable queen sized bed, a mini kitchen, WIFI, TV, a nice modern bathroom, and a very accommodating staff, although many were from the Euro zone before Brexit, so who knows now. It was a 5 minute walk from a tube station that was a straight shot to Heathrow and had no steps for entrance and exit, so luggage was no problem. Food, restaurants, a pharmacy, a phone store, etc were also there near the station. All in all, easy to recommend.
Is it the Resident Kensington Hotel? Because that's different from the Residence INN Kensington by Marriott.
At any rate I abandoned the aforementioned hotels in London by Marriott and instead will stay at the Pullman London St Pancras as we are arriving at KIng's Cross/St Pancras station. I'll use those certificates at our local Marriotts.

Thanks for all your comments.
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 11:12 AM

I suppose your points won't stretch to the Marriott Renaissance St. Pancras? I'd still consider the County Hall as well, the views are stellar.
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by JoyC
Is it the Resident Kensington Hotel? Because that's different from the Residence INN Kensington by Marriott.
At any rate I abandoned the aforementioned hotels in London by Marriott and instead will stay at the Pullman London St Pancras as we are arriving at KIng's Cross/St Pancras station. I'll use those certificates at our local Marriotts.

Thanks for all your comments.
Yes. Hotel, not Inn.
Old Oct 19th, 2021, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thursdaysd
I suppose your points won't stretch to the Marriott Renaissance St. Pancras? I'd still consider the County Hall as well, the views are stellar.
My points will stretch towards that hotel but what I want to use are the certificates which has a maximum of 35,000 points. And even though I have 3 (as well as my husband’s 3), you can’t combine those certificates.