Family trip to the ocean

Search

Family trip to the ocean

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2021, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family trip to the ocean

Did a family vacation to Qualicum beach a few yrs back and was great! 6 Adults, 4 kids. Looking for a similar setting for 2022, either on Vancouver island or the mainland. Would prefer to be near the ocean We will be coming from Alberta. Any recommendations? We would prefer something beach front if all possible and comfortable enough for 6 adults ( 3 married couples) and then 4 young boys. What towns should we concentrate our search on? Ty
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 01:07 PM

You really can't go wrong with Qualicum beach area, it has a lot to offer. Also check out Sechelt area, it's very pretty. The beaches are more gravelly though.
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 04:53 PM

I haven't been out to the island since probably, oh, before Harper was in office, so I'm afraid that I'm not a lot of help, but if you're going to stay in the Qualicum area, I just want to add that Rathtrevor Beach is my second-favourite beach that I've been to in Canada. (Long Beach near Tofino is my #1)

Last edited by SirhanTheStrong; Jul 15th, 2021 at 05:12 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2021, 07:57 AM

A friend and her extended family are currently at Timberlane Resort at Saratoga beach and loving it. It is situated between Comox/Courtenay and Campbell River on Vancouver island. It looks like a great family spot right on the beach.