It is so nice to be back in France!

Old Jun 16th, 2021, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is so nice to be back in France!

We have been am grinning from ear to ear ever since we landed in Lyon, France!

No problem at all with getting the test, just a couple of forms to complete and we were good to go. It was very hot today but I didn’t mind, I ended up walking over seven miles. The pictures I took today are still now showing up in my iPad, too tired to fix right now.

View from our hotel.
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 12:20 PM

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
I will be happily following along this next part of your adventure.
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 01:22 PM

Count me in. Hub's illness cut short our Lyon visit so it will be great to see more.
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 01:50 PM

So exciting! Looking forward to following your current adventure!
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 03:02 PM

I'm so happy for you! I'll be following along, living vicariously!
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by cafegoddess
We have been am grinning from ear to ear ever since we landed in Lyon, France!

No problem at all with getting the test, just a couple of forms to complete and we were good to go. It was very hot today but I didn’t mind, I ended up walking over seven miles. The pictures I took today are still now showing up in my iPad, too tired to fix right now.

View from our hotel.
did you have to do another covid-test once landed in France? Or the one from US when you boarded the plan was good enough?
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 02:25 AM

I bet! (In response to the thread title). Enjoy your trip-looking forward to your report.
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 03:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i admit to tears in my eyes to see your thread. So happy for you, have a great time.
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 09:35 AM

Please post an hourly report , this feels like a new era !

so pleased for you.

Me next hopefully , a week on Monday to Bordeaux but as ever .....who knows. I should be there now but that had to be cancelled. BUT ITS RAINING SO WHO CARES !
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 12:59 PM
twk

Have a great time!
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 09:04 AM

Wish I were there, I"m thinking of next Fall.

Can you explain what you mean by this sentence for future potential travelers:

No problem at all with getting the test, just a couple of forms to complete and we were good to go

What do you mean by that, did you have to get some test at the airport upon landing and you had to fill out forms to do that and the test didn't take long so that's why there was no problem? If you didn't have to take a test, was that because of some other reason that you had to show them? If that's what happened, and you had to have a test to fly, what kind and when did you take it? What airline did you fly?

thanks
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 10:11 AM

So happy to see this thread. Will be watching for updates.
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Christina
Wish I were there, I"m thinking of next Fall.

Can you explain what you mean by this sentence for future potential travelers:

No problem at all with getting the test, just a couple of forms to complete and we were good to go

What do you mean by that, did you have to get some test at the airport upon landing and you had to fill out forms to do that and the test didn't take long so that's why there was no problem? If you didn't have to take a test, was that because of some other reason that you had to show them? If that's what happened, and you had to have a test to fly, what kind and when did you take it? What airline did you fly?

thanks
Here's an article that will likely answer all your questions: https://thepointsguy.com/news/travel...-france-covid/
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 12:28 PM

So glad to see this -- our tickets are for the 2nd half of August! Can't wait, of course.

So glad to hear the news the other day that the US was added to the list of "green" countries and that no test will be required, with proof of vaccination.
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 01:26 PM

I will vicariously travel with you... looking forward to your reports!

Old Jun 18th, 2021, 01:50 PM

Cheers!! I'm feeling that grin all the way in LA. Following along too!
Old Jun 19th, 2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by gooster
So glad to see this -- our tickets are for the 2nd half of August! Can't wait, of course.

So glad to hear the news the other day that the US was added to the list of "green" countries and that no test will be required, with proof of vaccination.
Thanks for this news Gooster. We are flying to France in August. However, we are flying TAP Airlines, so we change planes in Lisbon. We are fully vaccinated Americans. Would you, or anyone else, happen to know if we still need to get a COVID test before we leave the US? I did some quick research but couldn't find an answer.
Old Jun 19th, 2021, 02:51 PM

Just saw on the US Embassy in Portugal website that US travelers to Portugal must take COVID test within 72 hours of departure. This will be reviewed every 2 weeks. Not sure if it includes vaccinated Americans who are only transferring in Portugal, such as us.

Do Americans still have to take COVID test in France within 72 hours prior to returning to US?
Old Jun 20th, 2021, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by KarenWoo

Do Americans still have to take COVID test in France within 72 hours prior to returning to US?
Yes. According to the CDC:
  • All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html
Old Jun 20th, 2021, 07:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I’m also along for the ride craving a “French fix” in these trying times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -