Apt Location in San Francisco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2021, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Just had an apt thru AirBnB cancelled on us and am trying to book a new apt for a few weeks from now. This apt is at Laguna and California in Pacific Heights. Any thoughts on that as a location? We’ve been to SF many times but not for 5 years. We are fine taking public transportation and walking. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 07:51 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
A bit of a different suggestion. A few years ago, I visited a tea room in the Noe Valley. Lovejoy's -
https://www.lovejoystearoom.com/
And also took one of the free walking tours of the Noe Valley.
As I walked to the train, I saw a rental that I would love and decided I would stay in the area "next time". There hasn't been a next time...yet...but maybe look in that area?

Easy transport in to the Ferry building, etc.

I really wanted to get off at Delores Park and join the others enjoy the sunbathing and time in the park.
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No help with an apt. but DH and I enjoyed our Hotel Red. It has become Emblem Hotel after a big renno.

FYI my dated SF TR is "San Francisco Report". My moniker was donco then.
​​​​​​
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 03:07 PM

Moderated. Emblem Hotel if no apt.
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 04:12 PM

It was Hotel Rex, not Red. Sorry. You were the first poster to respond to the TR! LoveItaly also.

Last edited by TDudette; Jun 11th, 2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your suggestions, starrs and Tdudett. I ws able to contactvthe ow er if the canx apt and work it out with her. Seems airBnB has their own issues.
starrs, Noe Valley is indeed a nice area. Never stayed but have spent time there.
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 09:45 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by yestravel
starrs, Noe Valley is indeed a nice area. Never stayed but have spent time there.
I've only stayed in hotels pretty much in the center of things and/or near the convention center. I was really intrigued by the rental I saw and when I think of returning, I think of staying there. Well, that and the Monaco no longer exists.
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starrs
I've only stayed in hotels pretty much in the center of things and/or near the convention center. I was really intrigued by the rental I saw and when I think of returning, I think of staying there. Well, that and the Monaco no longer exists.
Memory Lane....I stayed at the Monaco many years ago. For a couple nights I stay in hotels, but for longer stays I enjoy being bale to make my own breakfast and even lunches sometimes. And nice to have a little extra space. This rental is about 15 minutes from the “downtown.”