Blue Ridge Parkway accomodations

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2021, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I are planning a week long trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway in June. We feel like we should book hotels in advance but are having a hard time knowing where to stay. I would love to hear your recommendations I know I would like to stay one night at The Peaks Of Otter Lodge, but that's as far as I've gotten. Any ideas from you would be appreciated!
Old May 12th, 2021, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've driven the full length of the BRP plus Skyline Drive twice, but it's been a while. If you are planning on the full length of the BRP a week sounds a bit short to me, but I did a lot of hikes.

I have stayed a number of times at Peaks of Otter but it's under new management now. The only time I've stayed there since the change the food was bad, you might want to check the Tripadvisor reviews to see if it's improved. If not, there is a B&B just off the BRP very close by. I have also stayed at the similar Pisgah Inn. See: https://www.nps.gov/blri/planyourvisit/lodging.htm
Old May 12th, 2021, 11:35 AM

Blowing Rock, NC is a cool little town with good restaurants, hiking and lots of small motels. I've rented houses there during the summer. Also stayed at Chetola twice.
Old May 12th, 2021, 11:46 AM

Yes, definitely stop in Blowing Rock IMO. And I'm sure you'd like to visit Asheville.