Search

Traveling to Thailand with Toddlers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2021, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traveling to Thailand with Toddlers

Hello,
I'lll be traveling to Thailand with toddlers at the end of this year. I have heard transportation is difficult there. Does anyone know if I need to bring carseats or can I leave them behind?

From what I have read, only seatbelts are required (in the taxi) and I am hoping to leave the carseats behind if I don't need them.

Thanks!
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 01:37 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Many trips to Thailand, never found transport anything but easy & inexpensive.

Sorry, no experience with child seats.

Last edited by MmePerdu; Feb 18th, 2021 at 01:40 PM.
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 04:26 PM

Rare, extremely rare, to see child car seats in Thailand. More often can see 3 small kids on one motorbike driven by mum, no one with a helmet.
So, really no one cares.
Old Feb 19th, 2021, 10:42 PM

Traffic is pretty bad in the city, and taxi drivers can be pretty fast and reckless once the roads open up. That said, no one will make you buckle up, so I guess it just depends on how much you like your kids.
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 12:16 AM

It was REALLY difficult to get rentals with child seats. I doubt if the situation has improved much in the last year. You might want to bring your own(bulky?), or see if you can buy good ones there. I would seriously check out the possibility of buying car seats there - it may be cheaper thatbrinig your own...
You'll need to check the fittings for the cars/SUVs in Thailand.

The main problem I've noticed with foreign friends of mine who have come to Thailand with kids is they seem to overlook sunburn. If you child is in the sun for more than 10 minutes, the chances are they will burn. Just accidentally leaving your child partially exposed can lead to days of discomfort for a baby.

Thai people love children and will be incredibly admiring of of them...however the natural instincts for health and safety are pretty low....... protective gastes on steps and around pools are almost unheard of......so keep an eye on your toddlers' wanderings.