Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Mom and daughter's (18yo) to Punta Cana - Resort recommendations?

Search

Mom and daughter's (18yo) to Punta Cana - Resort recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2021, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mom and daughter's (18yo) trip to Punta Cana - Resort recommendations?

Trying to help plan a trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for 3 moms and their HS senior girls for late March spring break. They've narrowed it down to Punta Cana (ruled out Cabo due to possibly being cool at night and Cancun for the same reason) and are seriously considering an All-inclusive. Priorities are sun, heat, good pool and beach... don't need gourmet food but they won't love bad buffets. Looking for something moderately priced and will likely buy as a package deal with airfare. The Majestic properties keep popping up and we had a good dinner experience at Paradisus about 5 years ago (but seems to have a slighly lower rating). Trying to strike a balance btw a mega property with wall to wall people and something too small that it seems boring with a lack of space / things to do. Not sure how Covid has affected things but any input would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Last edited by Saidmatt; Feb 10th, 2021 at 08:14 AM.
Old Feb 10th, 2021, 03:05 PM

Just google “COVID in The Dominican Republic”. Right now, it is not recommended to travel there. In some places you are required to quarantine for seven days. Do check into the situation and how things are handled if you should test positive while there. Also, consider the possibility of picking up something on the flight and bringing cases into a country that is less able to care for people.
Old Feb 12th, 2021, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sassafrass
Just google “COVID in The Dominican Republic”. Right now, it is not recommended to travel there. In some places you are required to quarantine for seven days. Do check into the situation and how things are handled if you should test positive while there. Also, consider the possibility of picking up something on the flight and bringing cases into a country that is less able to care for people.
Thanks, still wondering about the properties as the group will likely be vaccinated before they travel.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 09:38 AM

Hi, wish I had seen this post earlier. We love Paradisus Melia. The buffet is amazing for the breakfast, lunch service. I even think it's open for dinner. We went a few years ago. There was a mother daughter trip going on then. The girls were constantly doing yoga in the pool. Running to the beach. The only thing I thought was maybe a bit of a concern...the moms let the girls take a taxi to a club. Age difference from the US! I wouldn't let teen girls out solo personally!

You will love the resort and the area. Amazing. Have fun!!!