Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Hotel "same households" COVID regulation in New Mexico

Old Dec 14th, 2020, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the New Mexico covid regulation website, it says "Multiple guests per room are to be limited to “same households” only (individuals who live within the same place of residence)." We are four friends travelling to Albuquerque for Christmas, and we live in different apartments. Do we need to book separate rooms for the four of us? Are hotels refusing accommodation in the same room for people from different households, but who are travelling together? I am not looking for people commenting with the New Mexico public health order (I went through them). I am looking for experiences from people who were at a similar situation as us, and whether they were allowed or refused accommodation. Thanks.
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would call and ask your hotel that question. I would also interpret the edict to mean yes, you need your own rooms. Your are not members of the same household. I would also not be traveling this Christmas.
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 02:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, are you asking whether people have been able to get around the clearly stated requirement in the regulation? If so, let's hope the answer is no, because it is people refusing to follow simple rules that is driving the horrific numbers we are seeing.
Old Dec 14th, 2020, 03:31 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Seems pretty clear to me.

Reminds me of the usual posts about airline luggage weight requirements and how to get around them.

"I know there's a rule, but surely the rule doesn't apply to me"?

Last edited by Melnq8; Dec 14th, 2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old Dec 15th, 2020, 01:14 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
"Do we need to book separate rooms for the four of us?"
Yes.