Romantic spa in the northeast

Old Oct 4th, 2020, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romantic spa in the northeast

Well we missed our honeymoon , thanks to the pandemic, but thankfully we are planning a long fall weekend to a romantic spa or lovely hotel in the northeast beginning of November .
any thoughts or recommendations?
thankyou!
Old Oct 5th, 2020, 12:34 AM

that's a tough one considering early November can be very dreary. Vermont has tough restrictions on visitors because of Covid. I live in NH but because of recent increase in covid cases in my county, I can no longer visit VT. Check to see if you are allowed to visit Maine. You might take a look at Wentworth By the Sea in New Castle NH (next to Portsmouth). It's in a lovely area not far from beaches. Should you want to go farther afield exploring, Portland ME could be an easy day trip. But, caveat, I haven't stayed at the Wentworth. If you like long walks and weather is mild you can also look into the Urban Forestry Center and Wagon Hill Farm (conservation area in Durham). Wagon Hill has a trail that goes along the water. From the road, you can't see that the farm has frontage on the bay. Should you head in that direction (inland/west) you could also visit Flag Hill Winery and Distillery. If you want to shop, Kittery ME shopping outlets are just over the bridge, although downtown Portsmouth small shops are long time popular places to wander. Portsmouth (next to New Castle) has some of the best restaurants in the state. Even on a dreary day a table by the window overlooking Portsmouth harbor might be nice.

Congratulations on your nuptials.
Old Oct 5th, 2020, 04:22 AM

Best wishes on the marriage. If you are allowed into Rhode Island, and back home after visiting, look at the Ocean House hotel in Watch Hill or it’s sister property in Weekapaug.
Old Oct 5th, 2020, 04:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look into Nemacolin Woodland Resort in Pennsylvania. Activities if you want them or just relax and enjoy the surroundings.
https://www.nemacolin.com/
Old Oct 5th, 2020, 04:55 PM
J62

We used to do a getaway to Cranwell in the Berkshires that time of year - they had excellent package deals after leaf peeping season was done. About a year ago or so they closed for a renovation and recently opened under a new name with expanded activities (Miraval). I looked at going there for an early Oct getaway but the prices were more than we wanted to spend.

Looking at it now, it seems that there may in fact be 2 resorts on the property - Miraval, and Wyndhust, the latter occupies the old mansion and a few cottages while the former is the spa and the "hotel" rooms. We enjoyed the 1br hotel rooms, with sitting area, fridge, microwave.

update: i just read some of the reviews on TA and they are awfullllll. (Wyndhurst)... TA reviews for Miraval are a bit better but still mixed.
I'd say give them a year to work out the kinks.

Last edited by J62; Oct 5th, 2020 at 05:08 PM.
Old Oct 6th, 2020, 05:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Or you might consider the Mohonk Mountain House in upstate New York. https://www.mohonk.com/?nck=gbetri&g...SAAEgJ5N_D_BwE although as noted above, November is not the Northeast's best month.