Bryce and Zion first week of December

Old Oct 4th, 2020, 07:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bryce and Zion first week of December

Thinking of going to Bryce and Zion the first week of December. What would you consider the pros and cons? Somewhat concerned about road conditions if it snows? What are your thoughts? Wish we could go sooner but not an option. We could postpone to April or May?
Old Oct 4th, 2020, 12:57 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
We are considering something similar.

We visited Arches and Canyonlands last January and had a great time. We also visited the previous April and much preferred our visit in January.

I realize it's not the same thing, as we're not talking about the same parks, but my trip report from the January trip might give you an idea of what to expect (the report from the April trip is posted here on Fodor's too if you want a comparison).

Into the Great Wide Open: Winter Edition
Old Oct 4th, 2020, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Great Thank you! I took a peak, looks like an amazing trip in the winter!
Old Oct 5th, 2020, 04:31 AM

We have visited then in the winter. Zion was much less crowded than in season, and we even got walk in lodging in the park. The trails were fine. Bryce was beautiful with snow, but we did not go on the trails. The roads and pull offs were clear and there was no problem parking.

If it is snowing when you are there, just wait for the roads to be plowed before you venture out. They know how to clean things up quickly and it is generally drier than in the East so it evaporates quickly.
Old Oct 5th, 2020, 09:25 PM

I would go in April--so beautiful with the flowers!!! WE go to Moab every year in February just to get a break from Salt Lake City. It's nice but wouldn't be my first choice if I had never been there before. Just don't go over Easter week.
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

All good information. Thank you everyone for the responses! We have decided to postpone till spring! Mostly due to fact that we have to fly on a Wednesday and it’s so $$ from Tampa mid week!