MSC and the Caribbean

Search

MSC and the Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2020, 12:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MSC and the Caribbean

Looks as if MSC is hoping to start cruises again by winter Their game plan is quick Covid19 tests at the terminal with a lab set up that gives results in 45 minutes. Sounds a bit crazy to me. Don’t see how you can test that many people all together in a reasonable amount of time, but maybe they plan on doing it in groups over a longer period of time. They plan on starting with one ship with all tours run by the company and guides, etc. tested and wearing protective gear. Hope it works. I am not an MSC fan, but would hope it works, giving a model for other cruise lines.
Old Aug 22nd, 2020, 05:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The initial MSC cruise in Europe has been boarding passengers at multiple ports, which cuts down the number in any one place, and is sailing below capacity. So far so good, except for one family that strayed from the excursion "bubble" and wasn't allowed back on board. That cruise is to Italian ports and Malta with only Schengen area passengers. However, here it will be up to the CDC to approve their protocols.
Old Aug 22nd, 2020, 05:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone could test negative when they board and the be positive a day or two later. I think I'll wait until the virus calms down.
Old Aug 22nd, 2020, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If these Caribbean cruises are leaving from Florida, no way. Far different from cruises where the infection rates are lower.
Old Aug 22nd, 2020, 01:57 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
I would not board a cruise in Florida with it’s high rates of COVID. Perhaps it will be different in the winter but no cruises for me.

Last edited by HappyTrvlr; Aug 22nd, 2020 at 02:00 PM.