Search

Iceland in 17-days /Itinerary check/

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2020, 12:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iceland in 17-days /Itinerary check/

Hello travelers!

This is my draft itinerary for a 17-days tour of Iceland(end of June, if Covid allows). We will be travelling by campervan (2W only)

Day1: Arrive in the morning, visit the Golden ring (Geysir/Thingvellir National Park. Gullfoss waterfall)

Day2 + Day3 + Day4: Hike

Day5: End of Hike/Relax / Drive to Skogafoss

Day6: Skogafoss/ Solheimasandur Plane Wreck/ Vik

Day7: Lavic field/ FJAÐRÁRGLJÚFUR CANYON/Skafrtafell/VATNAJÖKULL NP (1 or 2 short hikes)

Day8: Diamond Beach & Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon , kayak trip (if the weather is nice), otherwise drive east

Day9: Drive to the East-Coast. Possible stops: SEYÐISFJÖRÐUR? HENGIFOSS waterfall, is it worth visiting another waterfall? Any other nice stops on the way?
Day10: Detour to BORGARFJORDUR EYSTRI. Would you recommend it? In case of delay in the itinerary, we can easily skip this side-trip

Day11: Drive to Dettifoss + Selfoss, Viti crater & Leirhnjúkur lava field.

Day12: Hverir SPA? (I was thinking about skipping Blue Laguna and do Hverir instead, is it a good idea?) + SKÚTUSTAÐAGÍGAR + Goddafoss

Day13: Long Driving Day to WestFjord region + Relax

Day14: WestFjord region (Látrabjarg Cliffs + Shipwreck Garðar BA 64), evening ferry to Stykkishólmur

Day15: SPARE DAY ( if there is time we can visit Snaefellsnes Peninsula) OR drive back to Reykjavik

Day16:Reykjavik Sightseeing

Day17: Departure

I'm open to suggestions, tips on hidden places or recommendations on where to sleep (nice campsites).

Btw: are there any free campsites in Iceland or places where we can legally spend the night in our campervan for free?

THANKS A LOOOOOOOOT!