a family traveling to Morocco

Old Jan 14th, 2020, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a family traveling to Morocco

We are a four adults family (28 and 25 Y/O) looking for advice travelling to Morocco ,
1. How is the weather in June, is to hot??
2. We are planing a 10 days or less for Morocco, is this ok ? wich cities to visit the best?
3. Our planing is mostly budget type , probably doing it by ourselves, Im concern about securtity, so it could be better to book tours or guides??

Thankyou

Amalia
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 08:30 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by amapatino
We are a four adults family (28 and 25 Y/O) looking for advice travelling to Morocco ,
1. How is the weather in June, is to hot??
2. We are planing a 10 days or less for Morocco, is this ok ? wich cities to visit the best?
3. Our planing is mostly budget type , probably doing it by ourselves, Im concern about securtity, so it could be better to book tours or guides??
1. Some places are hotter than others. Check weather here for particular locations: Travel Weather Averages (Weatherbase)

2. Any amount of time is "OK" as long as you don't try to do too much. Planning is important, not number of days.

3. Morocco is inexpensive if you plan accordingly. You don't need tours or guides.

Regarding which cities, I recommend you buy or borrow a guidebook. Best for 1 person isn't best for another. Choose places you can reach by train to save on transportation.

Last edited by MmePerdu; Jan 17th, 2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nafiz27
I also need similar information. How to travel to middle eastern countries.
Which countries?? They aren't all the same. Start a new thread once you decide where exactly you'd like to go.
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 08:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Security is generally not an issue throughout Morocco, certainly in a group of four adults. Of the major cities I've not been to Casablanca but the four ancient capitals are all pleasant. I've once been asked to not enter an area of Marakesh because the King was coming and locals did not want Christians (actually white people) to look at him which I agreed to do.

Languages spoken are more complicated as different ethnic groups speak their preferred language but many people will also speak English, French and/or German. In tourist areas, this is even more obvious as foreign languages are their business.
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by bilboburgler
Languages spoken are more complicated as different ethnic groups speak their preferred language but many people will also speak English, French and/or German. In tourist areas, this is even more obvious as foreign languages are their business.
In the north, in places like Chefchaouen, Spanish is often spoken rather than English, French or German.