day-1-2 day trip from London to anywhere

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2019, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to take a day or 1-2-3 day trip from London to somewhere in Western Europe such as Barcelona or Prague etc?
Which package companies would be best from airport transfers to hotel + sightseeing?
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 03:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Why not just book your own trip? Why do you need a packaged deal for a few days trip? Just pick a city, book at flight, book a hotel.
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 06:14 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved to the Europe Forum.
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 08:49 PM

A very easy trip from London is to Paris on the Eurostar train.
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 12:24 AM
Original Poster

Never done a solo trip for the last 10 yeas and at this age, makes me very uncomfortable, coming up with my own itinerary. Movement back and forth between airports and hotels, etc. sightseeing, etc etc. I am also an older father so I am also considering this little kids safety, movement in late night if flights are delayed, and my ill health.
Taking all factors into consideration, I was trying to see my options.

Years back, Waterloo station had a number of tour companies and seems they have disappeared,
Any suggestions,
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 01:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I admit to some confusion about the request, I initially thought you wanted Barcelona/Prague airport collect to hotel and tour companies but then you mention Waterloo....

London transfer; try blackberrycabs which gets good writes up here. From London it is very easy to find coach tours of bits of the UK, they tend to be rushed and can include any of Oxford, Stonehenge, Salisbury, Bath and the Cotswolds (other options exist). Again a hotel would advise and probably arrange for pickup to the coach collection point.

For Prague I would choose a hotel and take their advice on a pickup service (mainly because there is a tendency of Mafia type taxi control in the city so getting up to date info from the hotel works well.

For Barcelona, sorry not up to date on this. Barcelona has a number of airports, https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/general/barcelona-airports.html low cost flights from London could take you to the wrong one. That said Girona is a very nice city if you end up there.
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 08:22 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Is cost an issue? If not, a travel agent/consultant can put together a custom package for you that includes door-to-door transportation & any services you want. Otherwise, the companies that do short packages, called "city breaks" in the UK, generally emphasize "cheap" and you'll have to get yourself around & to & from airports, etc. So I think the 1st decision is how much you're willing to spend.
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 08:33 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>and at this age<<

What age? Are you mobility impaired?

You mention Waterloo -- that makes me think you are taking a LOT of years ago when the Eurostar used that station. Is that why the Waterloo reference?

You can fly anywhere you want from any of the London area airports, and than take a local tour in that city.
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 12:15 PM

How old are the kids and how many of you will be traveling? What kinds of activities/sight-seeing do you like to do?
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 02:22 PM

There are several tour operators that sell packages from London to cities all over Europe. The advantage of booking through them is the price and ATOL protection. Transfers are not usually included, it's just flights and hotels.
British Airways
Jet2
Expedia
Easyjet Holidays .. to name a couple.
Have booked through BA several times.
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 02:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
As mentioned you can take the train from London to Paris. No flights involved.

You post is confusing since I thought it was a request for one person. But sounds like a small child is coming? And that you are older with health issues to consider? Even if you do book a tour with a travel agent, those limitations will still need to be taken into consideration.