Cartagena, Colombia

Old Jan 8th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cartagena, Colombia

Am planning a week long trip to Cartagena and would like to see the Carnival in Baranquilla, 2-4 March 2019. Would like suggestions on mid-price hotels with breakfast included and a/c, good restaurants in all price ranges and points of interest in each city that I should not miss. Am thinking to stay in the Walled City. This is my first trip to Colombia. I speak Spanish so language will not be a barrier. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by patriciam; Jan 8th, 2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: want to add additional information
Old Jan 8th, 2019, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We stayed for around 10 days in Posada la Fey, just outside the walled town in a tiny street off the main plaza in Getsemini. Loved the place! The staff were great as were the rooms and really good breakfast. An added bonus was the small plunge pool on the roof. We preferred staying in Getsemini but it was only a short walk to the walled town. Posada la fey also have a sister property in ten walled city near Plaza Bolivar which is more of a formal hotel.

I can’t recall any specific restaurants but the street food stalls in the plaza in Getsemini were terrific. A couple of bars which stood out were Havana and KGB.

I posted aboutvour time in Cartagena a couple of years ago on our blog @ https://accidentalnomads.com/2016/07...lombian-coast/

It is very much a place to wander and see what you find. Lots of small plazas, alleys, and museums etc. Palacio de la Inquisicon and teh Museo Del Oro are two that stand out.

Can’t help with Barranquilla as we ended up not going tha way but if you have the time, Mompox is very much off the beaten path and worth considering for a short trip. It is covered in te next post in our blog.