spring time in Arizona

Search

spring time in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spring time in Arizona

We will be in the Phoenix area the the last week of March with our grandkids who are 10, 8, and 7. We plan to go to a couple of the spring training games and also the Musical Instrument Museum. We were in the area this past October and visited the Heard Museum. We loved it but don't think that is what we are looking for with the kids. Any recommendations of things to do with kids. I am thinking of driving to Oracle to see the Biospehre with them but am still trying to decide if they would enjoy especially since it is about a 2 hour drive one way.
Old Dec 25th, 2018, 11:54 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I suggest you choose your targets with yourself in mind as much as the kids as you can never really be sure all (or any) of them will be interested in what you or they think they might. Just make sure they have charged phones, tablets, etc. with plenty of available data and they'll amuse themselves come what may. My granddaughters spent much of the last 3 days here at my house face timing with their friends at home and spending their gift cards so could have been anywhere.
Old Dec 25th, 2018, 01:41 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Skip Biosphere until they’re older. I agree about the Heard and kids, wait awhile until they are older. Consider the Botanical Garden and it’s Electric Desert. Also the zoo.
Old Dec 29th, 2018, 10:48 AM

You could do Odysea aquarium and Butterfly World. The entire area has stuff to do for kids. It is close to the Diamondbacks and Cubs spring training center.
Old Dec 29th, 2018, 06:50 PM

Google Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center. The kids would probably like seeing the animals and as a plus, they would learn about conserving wildlife.
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 09:28 AM

I enjoyed Biosphere when I was young, but I have always enjoyed that type of thing. You know your kids better than I do so if they don't appreciate science and nature, and aren't okay with a bit slower of attraction, they probably wouldn't love biosphere. It is worth the trip if your kids do love that sort of thing though! It's also very educational, so maybe a bit of boredom would be okay!

As for other suggestions, the Arizona Science Center is always fun - they have a mummy exhibit right now! Also, check out OdySea and Butterfly Wonderland! More fun-ducational attractions, but definitely worth the visit!