Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Please check my Utah itinerary

Search

Please check my Utah itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2019, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On day 2 you will be driving right by the Needles District of Canyonlands. Maybe take a jog in there and look at the spectacular scenery, stop at Newspaper rock for some petroglyphs, check out the six toed footprints (and if you are a Tony Hillerman fan one of his books mentions them). then into the park and take the hike out to Cowboy Camp/Cave spring for a short break (about an hour + total) Then have lunch (pack it or pick it up along the a\way), use the facilities at the VC. Then head on up to Moab. This is a totally different look at Canyonlands than Island in the Sky as you are down in it rather than above and looking at the tops of the pourovers.

Have a wonderful trip.
Old Jan 1st, 2019, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much emalloy. We we’ll definitely do that stop on the way to Moab! That’s why I love this board. I love the tips from people who have been there.
Old Jan 1st, 2019, 04:57 PM

Sberg,

I have stayed at the Skyridge Inn several times over many years under 4 differnt owners. The last time, I was very disappointed in the lower quality of the inn under new owners, the same owners as the Broken Spur hotel across the street. This family may run a nice tourist motel, but they did not provide a quality b n b stay. The bed and bath linens were cheap commercial laundry service quality. The bath toilettries were the same. I was in a king size room as a solo traveler and received ONE of those tiny motel size hand soaps for a three night stay. This was supposed to last for the sink and shower for three days. Toilet paper and tissues were sandpaper quality. Private hot tub was so dirty the water was grey and since the light on there patio was burned out, I didnt know this until the next morning after I used it!!.
Breakfast was so skimpy I was still hungry and Im not a big eater. There was no hairdryer in the bathroom, but since there is no onsite host, I had no one to ask.

When I gave them the review above on TA, the owner answered that if I required large amounts of soap, I should bring my own and accused me of lying about not having a hair dryer.

Definitely NOT a level of hospitality or quality I have ever experienced at any other b n b and certainly not for what they charge.

Just sayin'
Old Jan 2nd, 2019, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information Dayle. I will look into the housing situation in Torrey.
Old Jan 3rd, 2019, 04:11 AM

For Torrey, check out the Chuckwagon Motel. We have stayed there and found it clean, welcoming, and well-located. They also have a small store/deli on site:

The Chuckwagon Motel ? Located in the heart of the trees in Torrey, Utah