Victoria vs Vancouver with kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. We are planning a 6-night trip to Vancouver and Victoria for next month. The trip with be my husband, myself and our two kids - 4 and 7 years old. We were thinking about spending 3 nights in Victoria and 3 nights in Vancouver. Do you feel this is too much time in Victoria??? Is it not enough in Victoria??? Many forum responses prefer Vancouver over Victoria but I couldn’t find any recommendations for families with small kids. We are interested in all things family - parks, kids museums, tea, etc.
Old Jun 11th, 2018, 10:59 AM

It's easier to get out of town in Victoria this place combined with a picnic would be fun.
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 12:51 PM

Vancouver vs. Victoria is a hands-down win for Vancouver, but, the main problem involved with visiting both, is the aggravating transit by ferry to and from Victoria.

Somebody set on the idea of just flying into one or the other could easily select Victoria and have a fine time, but trying to do both demands a whole lot of interest in seeing Victoria, especially with young kids.

I can understand that people who live far away, and who hope to see Victoria at some point, should do so when they are in the area. That while those who live a state/province or two away might do best to save Victoria for another, independent trip.

In terms of time spent in either... it IS right to at least spend 2 or 3 days in Victoria if you put forth the effort it takes to travel from Vancouver to Victoria.

So IF
you have decided to visit both, don't short-change Victoria given the effort you made to get there and back.

I suspect that a family with two young children would do best to have 3 nights in each city. Vancouver will fill up its time without your having to go very far at all to see lots of unique things... and MAYbe take time for a scenic drive or two outside of the city during your time in Victoria.

Hope this rekindles responses to your post.
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 09:51 AM

Yes I totally agree, you will need a car for sure to drive around in Victoria if you wanna go around and sightsee. It is more like outdoor activities in Victoria whereas in Vancouver, there are a lot of shopping malls, stanley park, totem poles, UBC, PNE and stuff. You can just bus or skytrain around. So 3 days in Vancouver will be fine if you transit cuz everything is kinda close to each other compared to Victoria.
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 09:01 PM

I personally think two days in Victoria is enough. There's really not much to do there. There's a lot more to see and do in Vancouver. You could spend half a day or even the whole day at Science World. The kids would love it!
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 06:29 PM

To travel with kids I considere its much better to go to Vancouver