Search

Cesky Krumlov.

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cesky Krumlov.

Hi everyone, I have my lodging all secured for a trip through Bavaria, Austria, and the Czech Republic this coming October. I am having a difficult time choosing lodging for Cesky Krumlov. We only have one night here so I'd like to make the most of it! It seems a bit confusing to stay in the historic center - hotels allow you to park to unpack but then have to park your car elsewhere and walk back. I am wondering if it is better to do this, or to stay outside the center where we can park our car on property. We will have a rental car. I like the idea of being right in the historic center but wonder if the parking is too complicated/ annoying. Anyone with first hand experience here have a recommendation? Particular hotels and restaurant recommendations (flexible budget) are welcome too! Thanks.
Old May 13th, 2018, 12:29 PM

Back in 2012, I faced a similar choice and wound up at the Pension Amadeus. Find it on a Google map. It is outside the center and had parking behind the pension, and it was a 10-15 minute walk into town - and a pleasant walk at that. It's an OK place - wouldn't say it was amazing, but it worked out. At least, you can look at its location for reference. I'm sure I stayed because of the parking being restricted in the center and just not wanting to worry about that. (I did day trips for a few of the days.)

I spent three nights in CK, because I was using it as a base to explore the area but would come back at night. For me, it turned out to be a bit too far out because I had to walk into town every evening for dinner, and it got to be tiresome. (I didn't eat at the pension.) For one night, though, it would have been fine.

FYI, Cesky Krumlov was pretty dead when I was there in late September, but that was 2012. It wasn't easy to find a busy restaurant in the evenings; one place I ate was completely empty (the last other patrons left as I entered - I honestly thought they were closed.) I got the idea that southern Bohemia is kind of a summer destination. Prague on the other hand was a mob scene as usual.
Old May 13th, 2018, 02:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
It's been ten years, but our hotel in Český Krumlov still gets pretty good reviews...Hotel Konvice...centrally located ...Here is a photo from our room and our day in Český Krumlov.

https://travelswithmaitaitom.com/cha...cesky-krumlov/

Old May 13th, 2018, 06:43 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Zlaty Andel in the center of Cesky Krumlov. We had a rental car, and I know we were able to park it very close to the hotel. Maybe across the square? But it was very close and a short walk to our hotel. We stayed there 2 nights. One of our favorite restaurants was Pivna Katakomby. Hope this helps.
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all comments. Good to hear people have had good experiences doing it both ways. I have narrowed my choice of lodging down to about 3 places - off to read online reviews!