Second round of BVI or somewhere new?

Old Mar 23rd, 2018, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Second round of BVI or somewhere new?

My wife and I went on our honeymoon in July 2016 to Peter Island resort in the BVIs and loved it. I would like to go back to the BVIs for our two year anniversary but it seems that with the hurricane delaying the opening of Little Dix bay on Virgin Gorda that Peter Island is still the only real choice for a nice resort. I would love to rent a crewed Catamaran for a week but that gets pricey unless you have other couples on board to split the cost. We really like snorkeling, boat excursions, and beautiful water. Activities on the water is our main attraction. Our favorite part in the BVIs was the charter we took to Jost Van Dyke and visiting Willie Ts boat bar. We aren't huge beach people but will none the less spend some time on the beach. Any suggestions for new islands to check out that offer a similar vibe to the BVIs? I am ruling out the southern Caribbean due to the distance as we will only be there a 5-7 days.
Old Mar 24th, 2018, 10:32 AM

Hey, Houston! Are you sure Peter Island is open? Also, you don't have to charter a catamaran. You might be able to get a smaller monohull with captain and crew for a reasonable price. Check with a crewed yacht charter company.
Old Mar 27th, 2018, 08:12 AM

Looks like Peter Island is indeed closed this summer, as are most of the other higher-end resorts in the area. They really did get hit hard by the hurricanes.
How about one of the resorts in the Bahamas Out Islands? You can get a little Boston whaler and cruise around the various beaches on your own.